WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

All Seat Ateca related discussions
scodabey

Re: WLTP - Lead Times and other impacts

Post by scodabey » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Definately see a lot more Ateca's on the road now.

My local dealer has also got 10+ in stock, whereas a month ago they had absolutely nothing.

Tiki-Taka

Post by Tiki-Taka » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:35 pm

I wonder if I’m on the same boat. Ordered the 1.4 SE Tech with extras in May, told build was week 26, then later was told build date was week 36 and the 1.5 engine instead. Car has been “in transit” since beginning of October, with a couple of “its on a boat” “no, it’s actually not on a boat yet” updates, followed by me moaning, leading to further investigation by the dealer that revealed the car has actually been stuck in a warehouse next to the factory for weeks awaiting “technical data”. Have now been told delivery is due December, but no confirmed date as yet. Fingers crossed Santa will get involved - he’s great at making on-time deliveries and could teach Seat a thing or two.
I’m sorry to say that I’m in exactly the same position, I am willing to wait another 3 or 4 weeks as the deal I got is still a good one (as it includes leather and heated seats) but the deals that are available are getting to be competitive now... and those cars are in the country!

I know I’ll be excited if and when it happens but it’s just a bind at the moment.
6th June 2018 : Ordered 1.4TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver. ACC, double boot floor, space saver & heated screen.. now a MY19 1.5 TSI EVO
WK 36: conf. build.
WK 42: WLTP Tech Data
WK 45: original del est
Dec: Latest wild stab in the dark by SEAT UK

Lubeeloo

Post by Lubeeloo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 am

I see you’ve ordered the double boot floor, as have I. The dealer rang around last week and offered me an alternative car which has other extras but not the double boot, the one extra extra I really need. :roll
So I’m still keeping fingers and toes crossed for December.

Cupraman

Post by Cupraman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:34 pm

Hi,

Ordered my Ateca 1.6tdi manual SE Tech on the 28th July 2018. Had a phone call last week to say our build would have been delivered in January but they have sourced the exact same spec/colour etc from another dealer that was being delivered to the other dealer last Saturday. So very happy as a few weeks/months earlier!!! Roll on Friday! 😁😁
Seat Ateca 1.6tdi SE Technology Rhodium Grey.
Ordered: 28th July 2018
Provisional Delivery Date: 15 December 2018
Updated Delivery Date: Early January 2019
New Delivery Date: 27 November 2018.

Lubeeloo

Post by Lubeeloo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:18 am

Tiki-Taka wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:35 pm
I wonder if I’m on the same boat. Ordered the 1.4 SE Tech with extras in May, told build was week 26, then later was told build date was week 36 and the 1.5 engine instead. Car has been “in transit” since beginning of October, with a couple of “its on a boat” “no, it’s actually not on a boat yet” updates, followed by me moaning, leading to further investigation by the dealer that revealed the car has actually been stuck in a warehouse next to the factory for weeks awaiting “technical data”. Have now been told delivery is due December, but no confirmed date as yet. Fingers crossed Santa will get involved - he’s great at making on-time deliveries and could teach Seat a thing or two.
I’m sorry to say that I’m in exactly the same position, I am willing to wait another 3 or 4 weeks as the deal I got is still a good one (as it includes leather and heated seats) but the deals that are available are getting to be competitive now... and those cars are

I know I’ll be excited if and when it happens but it’s just a bind at the moment.
Update: I had a call yesterday - I’m collecting my car tomorrow! Can’t quite believe it’s happening!

Tiki-Taka

Post by Tiki-Taka » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:18 am

Update: I had a call yesterday - I’m collecting my car tomorrow! Can’t quite believe it’s happening!
Great news.. enjoy!
It's “your original spec” ?.
6th June 2018 : Ordered 1.4TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver. ACC, double boot floor, space saver & heated screen.. now a MY19 1.5 TSI EVO
WK 36: conf. build.
WK 42: WLTP Tech Data
WK 45: original del est
Dec: Latest wild stab in the dark by SEAT UK

hurrell11

Post by hurrell11 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:11 am

What times have people had from completed build to delivery to dealership? (In UK)

FCBoomstick

Post by FCBoomstick » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:18 pm

I ordered mine on 18th April 2018 and received the car on 24th November. I had confirmation of build around July and it "shipped" from the Czech Republic in September. I then had to wait until mid-November for it to "reach UK port" but then I had the car in a matter of days from that point. Total wait was therefore 31 weeks and 4 days.

As I ordered the car pre-shake up I received a few changes to my original order; namely the 1.5L petrol engine instead of the 1.4 which was no longer available. The need to wait for the new engines added at least 5 weeks to my order. However, it did mean I was given the new model which adds USB sockets in the back and removes the model badge (SE Tech) from the back of the car - that's the only differences I've noticed so far! There was no change to my purchase price as a result of the changes made.

I don't believe it added any extra time to my order, but if it helps my extras were: Beats sound system and convenience pack on top of standard SE Tech offering (early 2018).
SE Technology | 68 plate | 1.5 TSI EVO | Energy Blue | Beats Audio | Convenience Pack

Ciano

Post by Ciano » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:31 pm

Ordered Ateca FR 1.5 (no optional extras) 02-08-18. Picked up 02-11-18.
Don't know exactly the week it was built
but a total of circa 12 weeks from order to pick up in UK.

Cupraman

Post by Cupraman » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:27 pm

Cupraman wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:34 pm
Hi,

Ordered my Ateca 1.6tdi manual SE Tech on the 28th July 2018. Had a phone call last week to say our build would have been delivered in January but they have sourced the exact same spec/colour etc from another dealer that was being delivered to the other dealer last Saturday. So very happy as a few weeks/months earlier!!! Roll on Friday! 😁😁
Well picked the car up tonight and was really impressed with the whole process and with the guys at the dealership. Blackpool SEAT have been fantastic throughout. On a plus note a few things I've noticed is oil temp is already activated in the drivers display and folding mirrors on lock is there too, so no need to activate via OBD11. All in all very happy just need a day to work though the settings now lol.
Seat Ateca 1.6tdi SE Technology Rhodium Grey.
Ordered: 28th July 2018
Provisional Delivery Date: 15 December 2018
Updated Delivery Date: Early January 2019
New Delivery Date: 27 November 2018.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”