Upgrading the Ateca, in & out

All Seat Ateca related discussions
vasioz

Upgrading the Ateca, in & out

Post by vasioz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:44 am

Hi everybody!

Want to share with you two extras to upgrade your Ateca, in and out, really worth the money:

Crossover Silver full interior styling (no more piano black and looks brighter inside) and side door moldings (creates a neat side look)!!

Would highly recommend them!

Greetings from CH!

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2814.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

1.4TSI DSG Xcellence, FWD, Bila,19", Alcantara Black, Panoramic, 360, all assists, crossover silver interior+side door moldings, connectivity box, virtual pedal, etc. Ordered 13.11.17 - picked up 12.02.18

Golfmk56

Re: Upgrading the Ateca, in & out

Post by Golfmk56 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Not for me I'm afraid - too many memories of cheap American rental cars with fake plastic trim. You've made the centre console look like a Chrysler or Dodge. Sorry.

GrandadChris

Post by GrandadChris » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:14 pm

Not for me ....sorry....rather like my piano black.
Ateca Xcellence.. 2.0 TDI DSG-Auto 4 Drive...Jungle Green,19"Exclusive Bi-colour Wheels..Xcellence Pack..Panoramic Sunroof...Mud Flaps..Etc,

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:26 pm

Agreed. It doesn't improve it at all. If you had a red one it might just look better. Very expensive for what it is. I have silver and it would do nothing for me. I see you have the side fittings - very good but the money for the interior would be better spent on the grill and fog mouldings.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:30 pm

I'd like to say thank you for posting the pictures and contributing to the community.

I'm sure it will help other members make a decision if they are thinking of buying the trim for their cars.

Can you tell us, did it just stick on the piano black or did you have to remove the existing trim first?
Last edited by Flakmunky on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:31 pm

alas I'm not a fan either - I prefer a darker cabin so the focus in on the view from the front window without distraction.

That said good for you for wanting to be unique, I'm sure there will be as many inspired as not :-)
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

vasioz

Post by vasioz » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Thank you Flakmunky!! I understand the others, it is a matter of taste, but everyone has a different way in expressing their opinions.
In any case, to your question, I guess that they removed the black ones first and then put the grey ones, since they are not sticking out. And as for the “cheap plastic look”, I assume that they have not seen them, since thy look, at least the Ateca ones and not from Leon, like a mat aluminum finish. But again, others can see it otherwise. I would never like to have a Red Ateca, but others do...
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence, FWD, Bila,19", Alcantara Black, Panoramic, 360, all assists, crossover silver interior+side door moldings, connectivity box, virtual pedal, etc. Ordered 13.11.17 - picked up 12.02.18

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Ah, so your dealer fitted them...

Does anyone else know if they stick on the piano black trims or are the originals removed first?

If the original trim is removed, I'd have asked for it back, then put them on eBay!
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:51 pm

They remove the original trim and replace it. That’s one of reasons it is so expensive. I forget the exact price but I seem to remember it was about £400.

All the SEAT trim extras are exorbitantly priced. The side strips are about £200 but they do look good and are standard on the FR. The full frontal off road grill looks really aggressive but again it’s a lot of money. I thought about it but a bill for around £1000 for the lot reined me in! I settled for the grill surround, fogs surround,side stripes and boot trim.
It just comes down to personal choice and finances.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

stupra

Post by stupra » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:23 pm

I sat and noticed that my interior trim from factory is same colour as the car - Rodium Grey. Doors and dash trim. Anybody else with grey cars can confirm theirs are grey? The centre console is black though.
What colour do othes have? Let us know interior colour and external paint name.
SEAT Ateca SE Technology in Rodium Grey with Convenience pack. Build week 37, delivery 12th Oct 17.

3 Alteas, an Exeo ST and a Leon Cupra K1 (slightly modified!) all gone but not forgotten.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”