Navigating via a destination with Ateca Sat Nav

All Seat Ateca related discussions
bedfordia

Navigating via a destination with Ateca Sat Nav

Post by bedfordia » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi there I'm a newbie on here but I've lurked for a while for tips.

We have a 2017 Ateca and I've found the sat-nav very user unfriendly so far (it took me some Googling to find out how you put in a postcode when we first bought it, which is how I found this forum.)

Anyhow, we are going on a trip to France next weekend and because of work I will be joining the family a day later via a flight. This means my wife has to drive down to Bourges and then Béziers with the kids and no adult navigation help, so I want to make the route is as foolproof as I can for her. We want to drive via Rouen down to Bourges, avoiding Paris (for obvious reasons) but neither of us have worked out how you can plan the route to go via another destination (in other words go to Bourges, via Rouen). Also there doesn't seem to be a way of checking the route itself once you've put in the details, or is there?

Any help much appreciated. Thanks :)

Maxke

Re: Navigating via a destination with Ateca Sat Nav

Post by Maxke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:07 pm

My skoda has an option to enter a second destination as “final destination” or as “ mid destination” when you are working in a set route.
I think this should be available in the seat sat nav as well. Hope you find it .
(Skoda Octavia '13)
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45 ( not confirmed)
Delivery: hopefully end of november 18

bedfordia

Post by bedfordia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:55 pm

Thanks will try that.

I've found one way of inserting a stopover, but I don't think it's necessarily the simplest method. The UX design on the sat-nav is very poor IMO.

JnM

Post by JnM » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:20 pm

the best way I've found is to put in your final destination, then go to enter a new destination and you will be asked is this a new route or a stopover, select stopover and the route will be changed to go via the stopover

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”