Aftermarket towbars and dedicated wiring

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Phantom

Aftermarket towbars and dedicated wiring

Post by Phantom » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Having moved on from a new car looking for a used one
I would be grateful for opinions and experiences of having one fitted and any issues re the electrics / car functions.
Dave

Timbo74

Re: Aftermarket towbars and dedicated wiring

Post by Timbo74 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:04 pm

I have rently bought a new Ateca and didn’t want to wait 18 weeks for a factory order. I had the dealer arrange a removeable Tow Trust swan neck towbar to be fitted by Pro Towbar in Stoke on Trent (https://www.protowbar.co.uk/).
They fitted a dedicated wiring kit and coded the electrics. No issues encountered. Reverse sensors are disengaged when a trailer is plugged in etc. I’m happy with the job they have done. Cost me £479. Not sure if this was a special trade price though as I paid through the dealer.
Ateca TDi 190 4x4 DSG Rhodium Grey c/w digital dash (I love it)

nsign77

Post by nsign77 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:43 pm

I just had a Witter detachable swan neck towbar fitted today with dedicated 7 pin electrics including the coding.
I was worried that the virtual pedal wouldn't work but it's fine when the swan neck isn't attached. Just need to drag a foot on either side of the swan neck mount.

Haven't had a chance to test the recoding of the electrics when the bike carrier is fitted but don't expect there to be any issues.

£290 for the towbar and electrics sourced independently and £180 for a Witter authorised centre to fit.
Order date: 5th May 2017. 1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence in Bila white with the xcellence pack and space Saver spare. Build week: 25. Arrival in the UK: 3rd July. Collected 28th July. 12 weeks form order to collection.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:23 am

Thank you both for your responses
Dave

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”