Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

August Pricelist Update

14K views 25 replies 13 participants last post by  DavidP 
#1 ·
#2 ·
As you may have noticed...

S Trim has gone.
All Trims get the Park Assist with front parking sensors, this used to be a £375 option in the UK.
FR and Xcellence gets illuminated aluminium front door sill trim which I think is different from before, I couldn't see Any mention of illumination on the Xcellence before.

There are very few options which means you have to select the exact Trim that is the closest fit for you from the outset, apparently this means that SEAT will be making more cars (and holding them in stock) that are likely to fit with customer requirements.

Anybody notice other interesting things?

#3 ·
SE L trim (just like Skoda) available for the 1.0

FR and FR sport trim (was it like that b4?)

Xcellence LUX model

All but basic SE model come with two rear USB ports as std

I'm sure they'll be others but the outstanding thing for me - I have a 1.4 Xcellence which has leather seats. If you want leather seats now, you need to buy the 1.5 Xcellence LUX which has a list of £29150. My car cost me £22500.

Let's put it another way, if I were in the market for a car today it's unlikely I'd buy an Ateca. Prices seem to have gone thru the roof. ( which is still a £1000 option on most cars. :lol: )

#4 ·
Golfmk56 said:
SE L trim (just like Skoda) available for the 1.0

FR and FR sport trim (was it like that b4?)

Xcellence LUX model

All but basic SE model come with two rear USB ports as std

I'm sure they'll be others but the outstanding thing for me - I have a 1.4 Xcellence which has leather seats. If you want leather seats now, you need to buy the 1.5 Xcellence LUX which has a list of £29150. My car cost me £22500.

Let's put it another way, if I were in the market for a car today it's unlikely I'd buy an Ateca. Prices seem to have gone thru the roof. ( which is still a £1000 option on most cars. :lol: )
On the plus side Metallic paint & Park Assist is now standard on all Ateca's, 1.5 is Available with 4 Drive and the SE L looks interesting option.

Know other's have posted the "MY19 Easy Offer" pdf but in case anyone has not seen it.... View attachment SEAT MY19 Easy Offer.pdf

Attachments

#7 ·
The 2019 spec Ateca is already available in the French site and configuration. Surprisingly, the Xcellence is having as standard the Panoramic Sunroof, Full Link + connectivity box, Virtual Pedal, Digital Cockpit and rear LED lights !!!?!? Price-wise cannot say much, since do not know the previous prices...

Attachments

#8 ·
The KAROQ might be more of a tempting option pricewise today if you can get over the pig ugly front and the softer suspension!

#10 ·
Maxke said:
We have the FR trim in Belgium but what is the FR sport trim ?
In the UK SEAT have removed almost all of the options for a buyer to add to their selected trim. The only options available include pano roof, tow bar, spare wheel.

This means if you want an FR with 19" wheels you must go for FR Sport. Same for leather seats, heated seats and digital cockpit. All these items in FR Sport or none in the FR.

The same approach in the Xcellence, you cannot just add the digital cockpit, you must go for Xcellence Lux and get large wheels, leather,heated, top camera, electric tailgate and advanced driver assistance pack alone with the digital cockpit. That's £2500 more!

#11 ·
Thanks for the info Tiki-Taka.

That sucks :-( i wonder if it will do SEAT any good raising the trim prices this way ?
I love the Ateca but i'm not sure i would buy it @ those prices ?

#12 ·
Tiki-Taka said:
This means if you want an FR with 19" wheels you must go for FR Sport. Same for leather seats, heated seats and digital cockpit. All these items in FR Sport or none in the FR.
Is this confirmed or are you going by the pricelist linked to above which may be an incomplete draft.

Seems ridiculous a FR/SPORT cannot be specced with, for exmple, winter pack, electric tailgate, KESSY. I'd always believed options were a money maker for manufacturers. Why would SEAT cut their own throats?

All the best

Pub

#13 ·
oh wow, thats insane that you can't select certain options anymore seperatly.
I blame the WLTP. They need to have more packages to be able to have less cars tested, so I can understand it from Seats point of view.

I wonder what will change here in The Netherlands, we have a bit different ranges in Ateca;
Reference (base model)
Style
Style Business Intense (more options for a sharper price, due to the tax-construction in The Netherlands)
Xcellence
Xcellence Business Intense (see above)
FR
FR Business Intense (see above)

Here you can just randomly add seperate options. But the 1.0 engine is only available on the Reference and Style models.
And neither of those models have the 19" as options.

#14 ·
I suspect we're going to see this approach across most manufactures going forward - they will all be trying to double guessing what options buyers most want bundled together and hopefully updating the packages each year base sales

Whilst I didn't choose mine as it was a demo (and even then it took a while to find one with options I wanted) it's something which looks like it won't be available again...feeling quite lucky now !!!

#15 ·
Pubsinger said:
Tiki-Taka said:
Is this confirmed or are you going by the pricelist linked to above which may be an incomplete draft.

Seems ridiculous a FR/SPORT cannot be specced with, for exmple, winter pack, electric tailgate, KESSY. I'd always believed options were a money maker for manufacturers. Why would SEAT cut their own throats?

All the best

Pub
Given the information available on SEAT UK's "EASY offer" strategy then this is a realistic interpretation. Obviously they can change it at will but fits in with an easier WLTP testing approach.

#16 ·
Paul.Cambs said:
I suspect we're going to see this approach across most manufactures going forward - they will all be trying to double guessing what options buyers most want bundled together and hopefully updating the packages each year base sales
I agree completely.

#18 ·
I have just been advised that my order placed in May for the FR 1.4tsi engine will now be the year 19 model with the 1.5tsi engine plus the options I ordered and is planned for build week 38
I have seen the new price list which has increased the models but decreased the options but as mine will be built with the options that should be ok.
However, I was wondering are the 2019 models just a reconfiguration of what was available or are there any physical changes to the appearance of the car
Ordered 1.4 TSI FR, Velvet Red, Advanced Driving Assistance Pack, Digital Cockpit, Double Boot Floor, Panoramic Sunroof, Leather Pack, Navigation System Pack, Seat Sound, Winter Pack and Space Saver Wheel

G
#20 ·
Sop said:
In Romania we don't have the updates yet.
Same here in Finland. The price list has been updated at the end on June, and it still has a LOT of 1.4 TSI models. :?: There are some models, which you cannot order anymore:
- all 2.0 TDI models
- all 1.4 TSI models with 4Drive and manual gearbox

But there are still plenty of 1.4 models in the list; 2-wheel drive models and 4Drive+DSG ones.

#21 ·
Sop said:
In Romania we don't have the updates yet.
I think we will have more trims to chose from. Until now were only reference , style, fr, excellence.
All is due to WLTP. It is not Seat fault.
The trimlevels will probally stay.
But I think the options will come in certain packages.

#22 ·
I wouldn't buy one now either to be honest. I want to choose what options I have in my vehicle, not have them forced upon me with the excuse that new test requirements make it too difficult to cater for options choices other manufacturers still offer. I can see this putting a lot of people off buying Seat in the UK.

Sadly for a while now various UK branches of many car manufactures have behaved in a way that suggests they think we should not have the same choices EU dealerships offer their customers. But no options at all seems crazy and self defeating. Seat UK are right, it is an "easy" choice, I would not buy a Seat if I was in the market for a vehicle at this moment in time.

#23 ·
cbcdesign1 said:
I wouldn't buy one now either to be honest. I want to choose what options I have in my vehicle, not have them forced upon me with the excuse that new test requirements make it too difficult to cater for options choices other manufacturers still offer. I can see this putting a lot of people off buying Seat in the UK.

Sadly for a while now various UK branches of many car manufactures have behaved in a way that suggests they think we should not have the same choices EU dealerships offer their customers. But no options at all seems crazy and self defeating. Seat UK are right, it is an "easy" choice, I would not buy a Seat if I was in the market for a vehicle at this moment in time.
I remember reading last year in the car press when Arona was launched SEAT's boss quoted as saying "long waiting times are unacceptable and offer such a wide range of options no longer makes business sense". Can see his point but it seems that the 2019 year model ATECA's I would take a long hard look at the KAROQ in terms of price vs options I want and probably I would choose the Skoda now....

#24 ·
Seat Boss can say that but it was the lack of choice that put me off the Arona. It's cars he is selling, not a television, people want choice.
When I ordered my Ateca, the customer in front of me was complaining that he could not have the wheels he wanted, I understood how he felt and even the dealership sympathised but said these decisions were made by Seat UK and were out of his control, sadly.

#25 ·
cbcdesign1 said:
Seat Boss can say that but it was the lack of choice that put me off the Arona. It's cars he is selling, not a television, people want choice.
When I ordered my Ateca, the customer in front of me was complaining that he could not have the wheels he wanted, I understood how he felt and even the dealership sympathised but said these decisions were made by Seat UK and were out of his control, sadly.
Could not agree with you more! just the same as they have attitude about Alcantara seats, while our continental or even Irish friends could happily order a ATECA with in before the FR came along.

#26 ·
cbcdesign1 said:
I like the approach Porsche take. The sell basic models where the primary difference is the engine. Then they offer a very long list of options. You can therefore personalise your car as you see fit. I've been fortunate to own a few from new and have always gone for the least powerful engine but made the interior very luxurious. I could have gone the other way. Had a basic interior and a very powerful engine. It's interesting to note that despite the new test conditions starting in September Porsche have not moved away from this approach. If they can do it surely any car manufacturer can do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.