Drive Mode resets to Normal after a re-started engine

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Rory

Re: Drive Mode resets to Normal after a re-started engine

Post by Rory » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Flakmunky wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:30 pm
My 190 TDI DSG does NOT return to Eco mode. The dial says Eco, but the gearbox is standard Drive and no Eco coasting.
That sounds like a bug/glitch. If it says Eco on the dial, surely it should be in Eco mode.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:50 pm

No, it’s the same if you select sport mode in the custom setting. It reverts to normal mode.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:36 pm

And mine does not return to Sport mode, the dial shows Sport but the gearbox is standard Drive
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:24 pm

Yes, it’s annoying, but easily solved by turning the dial one click to either side and back again. The setting will then be correct. Annoying, but it takes about one second of effort whenever you start the car.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:34 am

Yep mine too reverts to normal mode after a restart not a auto stop start.
Black 190 DSG Excellence

Warthog

Post by Warthog » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 pm

As I have yet to get my Ateca I can not say what it does. But on the loan, VW Tiguan when you turn the engine on it goes back to sport mode. Though the dial function is for the 4 WD system off-road, winter road, rough. A centre button allows you to choose between custom/road/eco/sport on the infotainment screen.
Ateca FR 1.5, Velvet Red, Panoramic Sun Roof, Heated Windscreen, Digital Cockpit
Ordered WK17
Confirmed WK19
Build WK38
In UK WK41
Collected WK42

CheeseR

Post by CheeseR » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:10 pm

I have also raised this with the dealership and they also confirmed that this is 'intended' way to work.
But I think its sh*t, and very annoying, and they just try to sell their bug as a feature.
It should either keep the settings or revert the driving mode knob as well.
SEAT Ateca 1.4 EcoTSI DSG Xcellence Waive in cappuccino beige MY18
Sunroof, NAVI, Top view camera, ACC, Winter pack, Drive assist pack 2.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:24 pm

That’s because, having been tested under the relevant emissions tests, they are obliged to default to normal. It’s the same with start stop. It’s the same with all cars now. Get used to it - it’s simple enough to set it to what you want, it’s no more difficult than starting the engine. Actually it’s simpler as you don’t need to have your foot on the brake/clutch to do it!

Analoguekid

Post by Analoguekid » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:35 pm

I think my drive mode is broken, i have 1.5 manual 2wd, there is no discernible difference between any of the modes, I my 320gt there was a huge difference in throttle position, auto box aside, the difference in how much you had to move pedal, even on ky motorbike there is a very discernible difference between modes, yet this car feels exactly the sane in any mode.

Also my ASR only has an option for OFF, but not on again, to get it on I have to choose ESC, wierd, think I need a trip to the dealers.

Warthog

Post by Warthog » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:17 pm

On my 1.5 there is certainly a difference between sport and Normal with the throttle lighter and steering more weighted.
An additional question how can you tell what mode it is is in when I change the dial I get the notification on the infotainment system but how do you tell what mode it is in if you can not trust the dial when you start the engine?
Ateca FR 1.5, Velvet Red, Panoramic Sun Roof, Heated Windscreen, Digital Cockpit
Ordered WK17
Confirmed WK19
Build WK38
In UK WK41
Collected WK42

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”