Traffic Sign Recognition

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Bedlam

Re: Traffic Sign Recognition

Post by Bedlam » Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 pm

1. No problem
2. Not the one behind the rear view mirror
3. Agreed, yes it would
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Mark08

Post by Mark08 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

Looking to activate TSR on my Xcellence Lux, I know it has all the hardware needed for this. I tried to do it with the VCDS that I have available but it was saying I needed to update something on the computer when the software was the latest one.

Reading this post it seems ODBeleven will activate it but reading up on reviews it says you need credits/points and i'm unsure what the actual cost of it would be.Can anyone shed some light on this?
Seat Ateca - Rhodium Grey 2.0tsi 4drive DSG XCELLENCE Lux

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Sun May 26, 2019 8:31 am

Mark08 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am
Looking to activate TSR on my Xcellence Lux, I know it has all the hardware needed for this. I tried to do it with the VCDS that I have available but it was saying I needed to update something on the computer when the software was the latest one.

Reading this post it seems ODBeleven will activate it but reading up on reviews it says you need credits/points and i'm unsure what the actual cost of it would be.Can anyone shed some light on this?
Hi, with OBDEleven you can use apps (which are basically pre-programmed steps) to change settings on your car, one example being TSR.
These apps cost "Credits" to use, for TSR it costs 100 Credits and 100 credits cost 11.99 Euros. There are bundles that include the hardware (OBD plug) and Credits where you might get a better price.

I have the plugin and bought credits as part if the bundle, but when I turned on TSR instead of using the app I followed the steps shown here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2787 for Traffic Sign Recognition Activation* .
I did a backup (using the app), followed by a dry run to check that I could find the relevant settings followed by actually updating/saving the changes.
After the update steps were finished I think that I had to turn the ignition on/off a couple of times before I saw all the TSR settings in the car menus, but I might be remembering it wrong.

As always the above is done at your own risk!
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

Mark08

Post by Mark08 » Mon May 27, 2019 8:45 pm

leWrat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:31 am
Mark08 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 8:56 am

Hi, with OBDEleven you can use apps (which are basically pre-programmed steps) to change settings on your car, one example being TSR.
These apps cost "Credits" to use, for TSR it costs 100 Credits and 100 credits cost 11.99 Euros. There are bundles that include the hardware (OBD plug) and Credits where you might get a better price.

I have the plugin and bought credits as part if the bundle, but when I turned on TSR instead of using the app I followed the steps shown here:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2787 for Traffic Sign Recognition Activation* .
I did a backup (using the app), followed by a dry run to check that I could find the relevant settings followed by actually updating/saving the changes.
After the update steps were finished I think that I had to turn the ignition on/off a couple of times before I saw all the TSR settings in the car menus, but I might be remembering it wrong.

As always the above is done at your own risk!
Thank you, this is great information and i'll be sure to try it and update you on how it goes!
Seat Ateca - Rhodium Grey 2.0tsi 4drive DSG XCELLENCE Lux

LordTaylor91

Post by LordTaylor91 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 am

Hi leWrat,

I also bought my Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 Rhodium Grey from the Lakeside dealership! (I'm based in Grays) Had it 2 weeks and really enjoying it.

I'm also looking into the TSR and wondered how easy you found it? Did it end up costing you much and did you use OBDeleven? Cheers.

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi LordTaylor91,
It cost me just the cost of buying the ODBEleven dongle that fits into the OBD port.
I didn't use any credits, instead I followed the steps described above and found it quite easy to do.

I am based in Southend so we could arrange to meet up for you to borrow my dongle.
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

LordTaylor91

Post by LordTaylor91 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi leWart,

I've PM'd you. Thank you :)

matthab

Post by matthab » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:03 pm

So tried to activate mine today and it works but I get the error:

"Error Dynamic Road Sign display"

Every time I turn the car on. Any ideas where I went wrong?

Rather annoyingly I took a backup before I started it but it didn't appear to save. I undid all the settings and the car is fine.
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 am

I may have dreamt this but I'm sure I read somewhere that the system needed a reboot after some changes
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

matthab

Post by matthab » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:58 am

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:26 am
I may have dreamt this but I'm sure I read somewhere that the system needed a reboot after some changes
I fully backed it out last night so will try again I may of not rebooted the infotainment screen as described :roll:

Someone couldn't do me a favor and find out what the value of "traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus" should be?
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”