Traffic Sign Recognition

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Paul.Cambs

Re: Traffic Sign Recognition

Post by Paul.Cambs » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:53 pm

I wouldn't say its perfect, but it is like have a second par of eyes watching with you, it probably gets it right 90-95% of the time.
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 pm

Thanks everyone. To put my question into perspective, I’ve just ordered a Seat xcellence lux and the website says it has TSR but the spec list doesn’t. I rang Seat U.K. and they don’t know, but said they would try to get back to me next week.

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:13 am

I have it and find it useful. If you have the factory fitted towbar, TSR also takes in to account whether you are towing.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

luca

Post by luca » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:16 am

I do find it useful too, I particularly like when it picks up the variable speed signs on UK motorways; and how in France it chooses the lower autoroute speed if you’re using the wipers due to rain. It’s not perfect, but actually more intuitive than I thought it would be.
1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence Rodium Grey Park Assist Top View Camera Advanded Comfort and Driving Pack Plus Electric Tailgate Heated Windscreen Electrically Adjustable Seat - ordered wk 20 (15 May 2017), confirmed build wk 39, delivered wk 43 (27 October 2017)

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:36 pm

I took delivery of an Xcellence Lux 1,5 DSG last week.
It has TSR and the signs show on the NAV screen (not yet checked if they show when the nav is displayed on the digital console).

My TSR was turned on when I took delivery, there is an option (iirc) when in NAV, Settings, Map, to turn it off and on.
Thanks to the Simon (Seat Lakeside) who told me where to find it.
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

freddie

Post by freddie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 pm

leWrat wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:36 pm
I took delivery of an Xcellence Lux 1,5 DSG last week.
It has TSR and the signs show on the NAV screen (not yet checked if they show when the nav is displayed on the digital console).

My TSR was turned on when I took delivery, there is an option (iirc) when in NAV, Settings, Map, to turn it off and on.
Thanks to the Simon (Seat Lakeside) who told me where to find it.
Those setting are for displaying the road speed the sat nav has for the road. Are you sure you have TSR?

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:31 pm

freddie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 pm
Those setting are for displaying the road speed the sat nav has for the road. Are you sure you have TSR?
Ooh, now you have me wondering.

I'll try and think how I can test that, a compass for drawing circles, some cardboard and some crayons might be called for. :-D

I'll get back to this topic when I have an answer!

freddie

Post by freddie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:51 pm

The option should be under the Vehicle menu, Driving Assistance, Detection of Traffic Signs

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm

freddie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:51 pm
The option should be under the Vehicle menu, Driving Assistance, Detection of Traffic Signs
Yes, thank you freddie.
I've read the manual properly now (should have done that first!) and you are right, that is where it should be, but sadly it isn't.

Not sure if I would have found it useful but the fact that it's missing leaves me disappointed that it is missing from what is meant to be the "Lux".
I wonder if the hardware is there but the feature is simply hidden?

freddie

Post by freddie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:58 pm

leWrat wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:34 pm
freddie wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:51 pm
Yes, thank you freddie.
I've read the manual properly now (should have done that first!) and you are right, that is where it should be, but sadly it isn't.

Not sure if I would have found it useful but the fact that it's missing leaves me disappointed that it is missing from what is meant to be the "Lux".
I wonder if the hardware is there but the feature is simply hidden?
You have Lane Assist, which uses the same hardware (the camera on the rear view mirror).

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”