Traffic Sign Recognition

All Seat Ateca related discussions
leWrat

Re: Traffic Sign Recognition

Post by leWrat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 am

I spoke with Seat customer care and they investigated and later called me back to say that the car SHOULD have TSR available.
They suggested that I call my Seat Dealership/Garage to arrange for them to enable the feature.
Let's see what they say when I call them!
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

freddie

Post by freddie » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:04 am

leWrat wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 am
I spoke with Seat customer care and they investigated and later called me back to say that the car SHOULD have TSR available.
They suggested that I call my Seat Dealership/Garage to arrange for them to enable the feature.
Let us know how you get on please. Expect I'm going to be in a similar situation, my paperwork says it is included.

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:03 pm

freddie wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:04 am
leWrat wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 am
Let us know how you get on please. Expect I'm going to be in a similar situation, my paperwork says it is included.
Hi, I spoke with the Seat Garage and they have booked my car in for Monday 19th Nov.
In the meantime they will be speaking with Seat UK and the Dealership (the Dealership and Garage are linked but not the same company) to confirm what action can/should be taken and will get back to me before the 19th.

Let's hope that it is just a case of a VCDS change and that they accept that they will do it on the 19th!

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:02 pm

I took the car to the Service center for the dealership.
They had the car for three hours and when I picked it up they told me that the technician had checked and TSR is not included in the MY19 Excellence Lux!

However they did do a couple of software updates, one was to do with the headlights not sure what the other one was for, when I asked I was told that there are frequent general updates.

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 am

I’ve checked with Seat, as I have an xcellence lux on order and it is included in this spec.

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 am

Goldstones2 wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:16 am
I’ve checked with Seat, as I have an xcellence lux on order and it is included in this spec.
That is what the dealership originally told me and also what Seat Customer Care told me.

I will be making another call to Seat Customer Care and assuming that they still say that TSR is included I will get them to ring the dealership/garage.

Somewhat frustrating to spend so much money and then having to go round in circles.

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:13 am

I would too. But I think it’s only been included recently. I understand it wasn’t included when the xcellence lux was first introduced.

Lusty

Post by Lusty » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:18 am

Goldstones2 wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:13 am
I would too. But I think it’s only been included recently. I understand it wasn’t included when the xcellence lux was first introduced.
So does this mean that the Xcellence Lux I ordered 2 weeks ago is likely to have it included? I can't see it in the spec sheet anywhere.

Would you mind letting me know the email address you contacted at SEAT or maybe sharing the response (PM if you like)? I'd like to get it in writing before the car turns up if possible.

aggie2347

Post by aggie2347 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:14 pm

TRS how do you know whether or not it's installed? I appear to have what looks like a camera on the rear of the rear view mirror. The only speed limit signs are on my Navigation Maps which change to the current speed limit when I pass the sign. Should TRS show up on the computer as well? 18 plate 1.4 Xcellence DSG.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:21 am

It should show at the top centre of the MFD, assuming that you have activated the option in settings.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”