Traffic Sign Recognition

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Goldstones2

Re: Traffic Sign Recognition

Post by Goldstones2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:51 am

I rang Seat using the customer service number on their website. They told me it would be included.

aggie2347

Post by aggie2347 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:30 am

Cheers fred99. I will see what I can find

aggie2347

Post by aggie2347 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Is there anyway of activating traffic recognition signs and or lane recognition with VCDS as i believe it uses the front camera behind the badge. I maybe completely wrong in my assumption but its worth a punt.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:41 pm

Traffic signs are one thing but lane assist requires it to interface with the steering.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:33 pm

aggie2347 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 pm
Is there anyway of activating traffic recognition signs and or lane recognition with VCDS as i believe it uses the front camera behind the badge. I maybe completely wrong in my assumption but its worth a punt.
OBDeleven has an app that claims to turn on TSR for the Ateca, assuming that the necessary hardware is installed.
Not tried it as I am not sure how it affects the warranty and still waiting for Seat Customer Services to confirm whether TSR should be on my car (and communicate the answer to the dealership) in order for them to enable TSR for me.
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

aggie2347

Post by aggie2347 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:16 pm

Thanks LeWrat, My diagnostic cable is VCDS I Don't know anything about OBDeleven so i will wait and see if anybody else can come up with the tweak for VCDS. I carried out the usual tweaks, mirror Lowering in reverse, needle sweep, folding mirrors when locking, bleep when locking, 3 to 5 on the indicators, fitting a 12 volt socket in the boot and dash cam front and rear without a problem. I had some warranty work done recently and nothing was said. The built in features are there to be activated so it appears to be alright without invalidating the warranty. As anybody refused warranty work for carrying out the above tweaks? But i would like the traffic recognition if possible. Correct me if I am wrong but on my previous Leon after I had actuated the mirror Lowering in reverse the garage put it back to factory settings when I went in for a fault on the gear box. So, it would appear that what ever you do with a diagnostic cable is easily reversed and they don't seem to bother. Thats my story for what its worth.

fenrik

Post by fenrik » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:58 pm

This is the coding for OBD eleven, maybe you can "translate" it to VCDS:

Traffic Sign Assist Activation

1. Control Unit 5F - Information

Adaptation

Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2
traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 = Activated, then Green tick

Car_Function_Adaptions_Gen2
menu_display_road_sign_identification = Activated, then Green tick

Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)

Security access - 20103
Long Coding 

Byte 16 
Bit 04 Activate , then Green tick

Control unit 17 (Dashboard)

Long Coding 

Byte 5
 Bit 02 Activate, then Green tick

aggie2347

Post by aggie2347 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:55 am

Cheers fenrik i will give it a try.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:32 pm

aggie2347 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:26 pm
There is no camera behind the badge, that's microwave radar sensor which is used by the Front Assist and the Adaptive Cruise Control. Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition both need camera, which (if you car has it) is on the windscreen (in the rear view mirror housing).
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Well, finally, after further discussion over the space of a week with Seat Customer Services and a manager taking it up the chain and apparent confirmation from a Seat technician, they tell me that my MY19 Xcellence Lux can not have the TSR enabled as it is a factory fitted feature and there is "no way that it can be retrofitted".
The person speaking to me sounded very sincere but I am still not sure if what he has been told, and what was told to me, is the truth.

Has anybody here had any experience of using VCDS on Obdeleven to enable TSR on a MY19 car?
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”