More Satnav Map Update Problems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Anteca

More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by Anteca » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:43 pm

OK so, with my Ateca's second service due soon, I thought I'd take the plunge and update the maps. Downloaded successfully, followed the instructions, backed up the car SD card, deleted the only folder there (maps), copied the newly downloaded folder (maps) onto the SD card, bunged it back in the Ateca and... "No Map Data Found" (or some such).

Panic.

Put the original folder back on the SD card, rebooted the entertainment/satnav system, put the SD card back in its slot and held my breath. Satnav recognised the old maps. Phew! So what did I do wrong? Thinking back, should I have rebooted the system before putting the SD card with the new maps in? Only occurred to me later, but I'm wary of going through the trauma again. Any advice? I may be strange but I'm happy with the satnav and don't want to be without it, though I'd like up to date maps.
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Bedlam

Re: More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by Bedlam » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:14 pm

You need to do everything you did earlier then copy from your backup this file
MAPS/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS to your SD card.
You might want to backup your updated card to a new file too, I keep a copy of every update (just in case)
BTW the maps are due another update quite soon, what version are you updating to?
1030 is the current version.
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks Bedlam, do you know why this has to be done? No mention of it in the Here instructions! They make out its straightforward but it seems anything but! I have seen elsewhere that 1030 is the latest version, but the Here website gave me 0915_MP171-1284.xEUR1. Maybe I'm getting this from the wrong place?

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:43 pm

It's the link to your vehicle, the "Here" website is not the best
I will post a better link later or tmw
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:18 pm

Many thanks. Why do things have to be so complicated?

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:38 am

Anteca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:18 pm
'
Because the manufacturer wishes you to have the maps upgraded at the dealership would be my guess.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Sorry can't find a link to the next update yet....probably not out yet, but forget "Here", instead check out Audi, VW, Skoda update sites

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:38 am
Anteca wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:18 pm
'
Because the manufacturer wishes you to have the maps upgraded at the dealership would be my guess.
Out of interest I asked my dealer if they would update the maps at the service last year and he put me onto the Here update site!

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:04 pm

Bedlam wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:57 pm
Sorry can't find a link to the next update yet....probably not out yet, but forget "Here", instead check out Audi, VW, Skoda update sites
Cheers Bedlam. Any particular link you can suggest, for a 2017 Ateca with standard Satnav (not plus)?

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:33 pm

@Anteca what Version maps do you now have installed, 1030 is the current latest one

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”