More Satnav Map Update Problems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
cmsdrums

Re: More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by cmsdrums » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:26 pm

Latest update on my issue... just had a call from my SEAT dealer and they can’t help reloading my file or anything else....other than the option of them ordering me a new Sat Nav card for £60 😡
SE Technology 1.6 TDI with winter pack, sound pack and space saving spare wheel, reversing camera and velvet red metallic paint. Ordered 6 March 2018, build week 15 (mid April 2018), collected 16 May 2018 (week 20).

reallywantanateca

Post by reallywantanateca » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:57 am

cmsdrums - I think your best option to try and get around not paying Seat for a new card would be to get a copy of another Ateca owner with a working OVERALL.NDS . Happy to send you mine.

I don't think the OVERALL.NDS is specific to each car. When I got my Ateca it can with maps 0730, I then upgraded this to 0930 my copying all of the files form 0930 including OVERALL.NDS and all worked fine. A few months later I upgraded to 1120, copying all of the files again, this didn't work until I replaced the OVERALL.NDS file from my backup of 0930. So I'm running 1120 with 0930 OVERALL.NDS. Looks like it may just be some issue with OVERALL.NDS from latest versions.
Ateca Xcellence 1.6TDI - Nevada White + space saver spare + heated windscreen

cmsdrums

Post by cmsdrums » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Cheers 'reallywantanateca' - appreciate that.

I've actually just bought a genuine nav card on Ebay now for £20...thought I'd see if it would work if I bought the exact same version number...wasn't sure as some have talked about the cards being uniquely ID'd to the specific car whatever the version number, but others saying if the version was the same then it should be good...well......

The good news is the card arrived today and I've just slotted it in and it works! I'm now going to do the updatign that I was attempting before, beign extra careful with the file from this new purchased card!!! :-)
SE Technology 1.6 TDI with winter pack, sound pack and space saving spare wheel, reversing camera and velvet red metallic paint. Ordered 6 March 2018, build week 15 (mid April 2018), collected 16 May 2018 (week 20).

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”