More Satnav Map Update Problems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
frasreid

Re: More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by frasreid » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 pm

Mines was fitted by the salesman at the time of collecting the car. But how can they sell you a car fitted with Satnav that presumably does not work without the sd card ?? That's just wrong !!! It's like selling you the car with no bulbs in the lights.

dave b

Post by dave b » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:55 am

I find this 'no card, buy your own' staggering. I must confess that I also find it staggering that we are expected to update out own cards for the satnav and that some are way out of date to start with.
Wouldn't it be easy (and good service) for a dealer to have a stock of bang up to date SD cards and do an exchange scheme when you go in for service....

vectra

Post by vectra » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:13 am

Kierno123 wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:27 am
Unfortunately I was told we needed to get one ourselves. When I get one is it just and easy download of the updated seat maps to the SD card and plug it into the car??
Or is there anything tricky that I'm not aware of?

Thanks
OK,
I asked my sales guy who I am very friendly with,
He was very surprised you got none. This was his reply'
Ya he should have, we had an increase in delivery cost end of last year to cover cost of SD card
I would return to the dealers and inform them of the increase they have to now pay to cover this, if they refuse then report them to SEAT Ireland.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

estuary

Post by estuary » Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:33 am

Appologies if this is covered somewhere in this thread but I am a newby to this forum and I couldn't find anything which helped.

I'd like to update my satnav maps. I have a UK Seat Ateca ordered Jan 2018 and delivered end of March 2018. It is currently showing map versions:

6P0919866R
ECE1 2017/18
SHEILD: SHEILD 2016-44 (build 309)

My existing SD card is in slot 1, is FAT32 formatted with no disk label and is marked SEAT, Navigation AS, Eurpopa 1 (V5).

I tried downloading europe6 from the Seat site (I've read people suggesting the VW site). I formatted a new 32GB SD card as FAT32 and copied the new map data and also replaced the OVERALL.NDS file with the one on my current SEAT SD card. That results in a no map database found error. I even copied the existing Seat SD card to my new SD and that fails in the same way.

Is there something special about the Seat supplied SD card? I was hoping to avoid bricking my existing Seat SD card.

Thanks

vectra

Post by vectra » Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:43 am

As far as I am aware it has been stated in the topic that the original sd card must be used,
Is there a reason you didn't update your original card?
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

estuary

Post by estuary » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:33 am

Sorry, didn't read you must use original card (it is a LONG thread) and I also read instructions on Seat web site saying you could reformat the card so I couldn't see how it would know it was the original card. I'll give that a try. Thanks for the pointer.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:42 am

estuary wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:33 am
Appologies if this is covered somewhere in this thread but I am a newby to this forum and I couldn't find anything which helped.

I'd like to update my satnav maps. I have a UK Seat Ateca ordered Jan 2018 and delivered end of March 2018. It is currently showing map versions:

6P0919866R
ECE1 2017/18
SHEILD: SHEILD 2016-44 (build 309)

My existing SD card is in slot 1, is FAT32 formatted with no disk label and is marked SEAT, Navigation AS, Eurpopa 1 (V5).

I tried downloading europe6 from the Seat site (I've read people suggesting the VW site). I formatted a new 32GB SD card as FAT32 and copied the new map data and also replaced the OVERALL.NDS file with the one on my current SEAT SD card. That results in a no map database found error. I even copied the existing Seat SD card to my new SD and that fails in the same way.

Is there something special about the Seat supplied SD card? I was hoping to avoid bricking my existing Seat SD card.

Thanks
You cannot create your own SD Card
First step is to copy your entire Seat SD Card to somewhere safe (preferably twice)
The Seat download site is rubbish 1. It is never up to date 2. It is not designed for UK vehicles as it requires Mapcare which is not sold in the UK
Next steps are:

Try https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download#/ selecting a Golf
Then select Discover Media
Then download the 1st European Countries – Bundle 1
Copy/Unzip to original Seat SD Card and restore from original Seat SD Card file "overall.nds" you have saved
You should then end up with 1430 map issue (as at Nov 2019)
Repeat each June and November thereafter
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

estuary

Post by estuary » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:31 pm

Thanks Bedlam. Using the original SD worked and I used the VW download. Took about 1 minute for the card "checking navigation data" but even my previous destinations etc were OK.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:08 pm

Great, did your Unit retain 6P0919866R as it's part number and show 1430 as the map version?
You are going to need to retain your original "overall.nds" file for every time you do this.
I find myself retaining every a copy of every fresh Seat Card I created, the first one being named Original SD Card....etc.
If something ever goes wrong you can restore any copy that worked to the card
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

estuary

Post by estuary » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:40 pm

My unit retained the part number and now shows:

6P0919866K
ECE AS 20/21
SHIELD: SHIELD 2016-44 (build 309)