More Satnav Map Update Problems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Anteca

Re: More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by Anteca » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:04 pm

Felix wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:44 pm
@Anteca, do you have a MapCare?
From what I read on different forums, it seems that if you have a MapCare, so the optional 3 years maps updates, you just copy the files over to SD cards and it works.
Copying "overall " file is kind of a hack, and it's only needed when MapCare is not the (this service has to be enabled in the entertainment unit, so it allows you to use downloaded maps).
I'm guessing you don't have that option, that's why you couldn't update the maps in official way. Don't blame Here or Seat, unless you have paid for it, but they forgot to enable it ;)
Pretty certain I don't! This was my conversation with my dealer: "How do I update my satnav maps?" "Go to the official site (gave me the address) and download them onto your SD card" "It says I need mapcare, is that included with my car or what?" "You don't need that, just follow the instructions on the site."

So who DO I blame then? Btw, I emailed SEAT as well but never got an answer... Felix, how do you know YOU have Mapcare? Do you have confirmation anywhere in your documentation then?
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Mapcare is not offered by Seat in the UK
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Felix

Post by Felix » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:37 pm

To be honest I don't know how to check that. Just know you need it to update in an official way, and that you have to copy original overall file if you don't have it.
Ateca WILL be my first car with MapCare, but as I don't have it yet (hopefully next week will...), don't know how to check if you have, or should have it.
Just know I have specified it when ordering, and it is visible as separate option in Seat's ordering system.
If you have any document with all options specified, then it should be there. If it's not, means you don't have it. If it is, means Seat forgot to enable it, and you need to sort it out with dealer and Seat.
If you don't have it specified, then dealer is to blame (for not informing and misguiding you) . If you do, but not working, than Seat :)
But don't blame Here and their instructions, as they are valid only for the cars with MapCare, and they even warn you about this :)

@Bedlam, that explains a lot. I live in Poland, and MapCare is offered here. Price for 3 years of updates is about 50% of the price of single update (including SD card) when you don't have MapCare.
So is buying new SD card with updated maps only option in UK? If so, than they are really sd screwing you guys...
Last edited by Felix on Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:40 pm

Where are you based Felix?
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Felix

Post by Felix » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm

Answer is in my edited post above :)

@Anteca, so it's both Seat UK (for not offering MapCare) and dealer (for not informing and lying to you) to blame :)
And you just keep copying overall file :)

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:49 pm

Was a simple question.....I cannot be bothered to scroll back as I am not that interested where in Europe you are to be honest
Would be more helpful if you bothered to add your location in your forum profile

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:03 am

Felix wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:42 pm
Answer is in my edited post above :)

@Anteca, so it's both Seat UK (for not offering MapCare) and dealer (for not informing and lying to you) to blame :)
And you just keep copying overall file :)
Thank you Felix for adding to the entropy of the universe...
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Smiffy

Post by Smiffy » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:53 pm

I've just updated my maps according to the excellent instructions, and was very surprised to find that my Personal POIs were still there.

I think that must mean that the POIs are contained in the overall.nds file!

MBM

Post by MBM » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:45 am

Smiffy wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:53 pm
I've just updated my maps according to the excellent instructions, and was very surprised to find that my Personal POIs were still there.

I think that must mean that the POIs are contained in the overall.nds file!
is it vers. 10.30 ?
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

Smiffy

Post by Smiffy » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:39 pm

That's right. Latest so far AFAIK.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”