More Satnav Map Update Problems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
alexateca2018

Re: More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by alexateca2018 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi Bedlam (and all) I am really unhappy with my sat nav and have read through this thread. I am not "Computer Savy" and I'm wary about trying to update following the guidance. My manual says go to the dealer. (I'm in the UK) so I called earlier. They say that I have the latest version (V6 ) which is confirmed on my box. My settings in the car tell me that I have V 9.15 and you talk about V10.30 as the latest version. The dealer says that the next version (V7) is due later this year but will be about 6 months out of date when issued! It will cost £150 to update with them, which I consider as madness. (I bought my TomTom for £120 and it is updated 4 times a year for life for free.)
I just haven't got a clue as to what I should do and I have been "lost" by my sat nav three times in the last 3 weeks and have only done 1800 miles.
I'm just sounding off really and wish that I could get "Hands on " help from the dealer or SEAT. I can't see that it can be legal to sell a car with an out of date Nav system as a selling feature. Aarrrrhh!!!
Ateca 2L Petrol Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Rhodium Grey (Extras: Heated windscreen and spare wheel)

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:39 pm

I am not familiar with any of the V(ersion) numbers you refer to, where did you get them, what Infotainment unit do have fitted, I have never "talked" about any of those Version numbers either, so not guilty
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

alexateca2018

Post by alexateca2018 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:57 pm

It was MBM and others who mentioned the 10.30 as being the latest update to the 9.15 version earlier in the thread.
The V6 is on the box that contained the SD card that was installed before I picked up the car in June and my 9.15 info comes from my settings on the Nav. itself. I used your name as you seem to know/understand how to update. However, as I said, it seems too complex for me so I'll have a useless sat nav despite having a new car and paying for the privilege!

UPDATED at 20-11 Contacted a different dealer who were more helpful and are investigating for me and calling back on Thursday. She says I should have V6 release 9.17. (Different and interesting. First to combine both formats.)
Ateca 2L Petrol Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Rhodium Grey (Extras: Heated windscreen and spare wheel)

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:36 am

Does anyone know what spec the SD card - mine is 16Gb size, I assume its class 10 ? Anyone know for sure and the minimum transfer speed needed

thanks
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:46 am

alexateca2018 the Map Versions are expressed as 0820, 0915 & 1030 there is no punctuation in them, there is no 0917 as far as I understand.
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

alexateca2018

Post by alexateca2018 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:53 am

Bedlam. Thanks as ever. I’ll tell dealer when/if she calls back on Thursday.

drhandley

Post by drhandley » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:35 am

alexateca2018 I collected my Ateca 25th October I have the box the SD Card came in and it’s says on the front Europe 1 (V7) so I believe V7 is available. When I look in settings on the car navigation it says Version 1030. As I only collected my car less than a month ago I am assuming this is the latest version

image.jpg

alexateca2018

Post by alexateca2018 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:54 am

Thanks drhandley, I have a similar box marked Europe 1 (V6) with 0915 in the settings so I need the one you have which I'm told is not available yet. My dealer also told me that when it does come out in December/January it will be about 6 months out of date!
I really don't understand why we can't update it ourselves for a one off fee on purchase like my Tom Tom. As I said earlier, it has already "lost" me 3 times making me late for appointments on 2 occasions.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:13 am

Your Dealer is talking rubbish 1030 (V7) came out last May/June
We await ???? (V8) which is due for release any time soon, the maps are up dated twice a year.
alexateca2018 you really should bite the bullet and update yourself.
Just make sure you save a copy (or two) of the SD Card you have, which you can restore if you get in a pickle.

drhandley

Post by drhandley » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:24 am

Hi Bedlam Is there a link where you can download the updates as I would be interested when version 8 comes out. Apologies in advance if you’ve already posted it as I ‘ve joined this thread at the end

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”