More Satnav Map Update Problems

All Seat Ateca related discussions
drhandley

Re: More Satnav Map Update Problems

Post by drhandley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:31 am

thanks Paul.Cambs That makes sense I was trying to avoid using the original card as when I compare the update files to those on the original it is half the size with some files on the original not contained in the update. The majority appear to be country specific and may or may not be important, hence my reluctance to use the original SD even though I have it backed up. Probably going to have to bite the bullet.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:50 am

You have to use the original card as Paul stated, it is "linked" to your vehicle
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

drhandley

Post by drhandley » Thu Nov 22, 2018 1:52 pm

Thanks Bedlam Sorry to be a pain
So I replace the maps folder on my original SD Card with the map folder I have already downloaded I then copy the file MAPS/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS from my original SD Card backup and we’re good to go

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:09 pm

Yes that is correct
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Anteca

Post by Anteca » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:14 pm

drhandley wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:31 am
thanks Paul.Cambs That makes sense I was trying to avoid using the original card as when I compare the update files to those on the original it is half the size with some files on the original not contained in the update. The majority appear to be country specific and may or may not be important, hence my reluctance to use the original SD even though I have it backed up. Probably going to have to bite the bullet.
Yes, I noticed the map file is considerably smaller. Anyone had any issues with it?
Bila White 1.4 Xcellence with spare wheel.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:50 pm

One issue seems to be that the link I posted only appears to include the following country's
Andorra, Belgium, Gibraltar, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom
This is a departure from the norm.
I am experimenting with other download files to try to include France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and more
Will report back

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:20 am

Bedlam wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:50 pm
One issue seems to be that the link I posted only appears to include the following country's
Andorra, Belgium, Gibraltar, Iceland, Ireland, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, United Kingdom
This is a departure from the norm.
I am experimenting with other download files to try to include France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and more
Will report back
Hi Bedlam,
I followed your instructions (thank you!) and now have the 1115 maps available to me.
I tried a route from home to Calais and it was able to create the route, are you sure that France is not included in the 1115 download?
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

MBM

Post by MBM » Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 am

I hope they will bundle these maps together as a united europe map as before .
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

jotojoto

Post by jotojoto » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:54 pm

Successfully update to 1115,variant 7.Very impressed, a lot of changes in Bulgarian map.
Ateca FR ,ARRIVED 15 OF MARCH 2018,2.0TSI,4 DRIVE,DSG,red colour

JimH

Post by JimH » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:54 am

Other map bundles are here (they are generic VAG group files and work fine on SEAT and Skoda without changing brand logos etc.) :-

https://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfo ... s-download#/

Select Tiguan, 2017, Discover Media (NOT Pro) for SEAT MIB2 Standard maps.

You'll find the old Bundle 1 (many countries) and all of the the new bundles with contents as specified (bundle dates are reverse/US format!)

I can confirm that Europe Bundle 5 (which also appears to be Version 1120) works in a 2017 Ateca and a 2018 Leon, using the update methods widely discussed....
Xcellence 1.4Tsi DSG, Rodium, SEAT sound (inc. Spare!), 19" "Exclusive" alloys, double boot floor

Order: 12/03/2017 Prov build : was Wk19, then 21 Built: Wk 20
Landed : Sheerness 6/6 Danube Highway
Arr Dealer : 13/6 Collected : 17/6

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”