Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

1.5tsi or 2.0tsi

12K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  jotojoto 
#1 ·
Shamefully taken from my thread at SeatCupra forums https://forums.seatcupra.net/index.php?threads/1-5tsi-or-2-0tsi.447948/

Hi,

Due to family requirements increasing :shock: and my Cupra near the end of its finance period we need something a little bigger. So im looking at the Ateca for the next car. Ill be honest, I will be sad to see the Cupra go as it has been a real hoot and a very capable car.

So my question is guys which engine would you order out of the 1.5/2.0?

Im leaning towards the 1.5 as its a lot cheaper and the 2.0 doesnt seem to offer much more for the money. I am aiming for the excellence lux. My commute is 2 miles with one trip to London every month, so diesel isn't really an option.

Thanks,
Matt

#7 ·
One more thing is a boot space. 4Drive takes quite a lot of room from the boot.
2WD Ateca has 510L. 4x4 has 485L with a repair kit, but only ~400L with a space saver wheel (required for Beats Audio).
400L is only 20L more than hatchback Cupra 5F.
So if you need bigger car for family use, forget about 2.0 and space saver wheel (and/ or Beats).
If you can live without beats and space saver, 2.0 might be a better choice (better performance, 4x4, better gearbox, better suspension, possibility to order DCC, at least on some markets). Only downside is fuel consumption, but your coming from Cupra, so shouldn't be an issue :)

#8 ·
Without any of the tech knowledge of other contributors I can say that I love my 2L. It drives like a dream with great performance. I just keep getting lost with the satnav!!

#9 ·
Felix said:
2WD Ateca has 510L. 4x4 has 485L with a repair kit, but only ~400L with a space saver wheel (required for Beats Audio).
This was my reason for going for 2WD over AWD. Wanted diesel for the fuel eco for long journeys, got the 1.6, had the 2.0 been available in 2WD would likely have gone for it.

#10 ·
Can't speak for the the 1.5 but I have the 1.4tsi and it's a beaut, easy motorway cruiser and put the dsg box in sports mode and it absolutely flies ! Can't think of any reason you would go for a 2.0 unless AWD is important to you.

#11 ·
Felix said:
@Felix: Are you sure space saver wheel takes so much space? I was fine with 485L but 400L is really small. I agree that the subwoofer can take plenty of space but spare wheel is under the floor. I expect to have those 485L above it. I already ordered the car and I start to worry about this boot space problem raised by you. (I wait for an 1.5TSI, 4Drive, DSG)

#14 ·
TheMailman said:
@Felix: Are you sure space saver wheel takes so much space? I was fine with 485L but 400L is really small. I agree that the subwoofer can take plenty of space but spare wheel is under the floor. I expect to have those 485L above it. I already ordered the car and I start to worry about this boot space problem raised by you. (I wait for an 1.5TSI, 4Drive, DSG)
I'm pretty sure. Took me a while to find this info, as all documents state that 4x4 boot size is 485L, but looking at the pictures of 4x4 i found it hard to believe. Was looking for pics in the internet, as well as found some Ateca tests (in Polish), where testers were measuring the boot. Difference in height between FWD and 4x4 WITH SPARE WHEEL is roughly 10-12 cm.
Have also found one document (some old French price list), where it was clearly stated, that boot size for 4x4 with spare is 400L. Unfortunately new price list doesn't say that anymore, and i cannot find original one. But if you do a quick calculation based on boot base size and this 10-12cm, you will also get roughly 400L for 4x4, so i guess that info was right.
In below linked post you can see how much space is needed for the insert used with spare in case of 4x4. In FWD there is no insert at all.
https://www.atecaforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=26444#p26444

#15 ·
I have a 2l FR 4 Drive with an emergency wheel, the shelf is basically level with the boot sill, for us plenty of room, a push chair with all of the winter covers etc fits in fine, along with all the other stuff, and the parcel shelf down.
There's not enough room for 2 car seats and a passenger in the rear, I've had a new shape BMW X3 which was better and 2 Ford Smax's which have room for 3 child seats and 5 full size suit cases in the the boot. So I have to manage the space (grandparent now 😏)

I happened to drive my sons new Skoda which eventually led me to seeing my FR in a showroom. They are great cars, to date no niggles but if space is a possible issue you need to think more with your head than your heart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.