Tow Hook

All Seat Ateca related discussions
DenisWH

Tow Hook

Post by DenisWH » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Can anybody advise if a tow hook can be fitted to the Ateca without having to remove the rear bumper. I see access is needed at the sides to get bolts in but I don't see that as an issue I I have fairly small hands to get into tight spaces. I'd rather not take the bumper off.

Cupraman

Re: Tow Hook

Post by Cupraman » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:57 pm

If you mean the towing eye if you go to page 92 of the owners manual it shows you how to remove a little cover and attach the towing eye.
Seat Ateca 1.6tdi SE Technology Rhodium Grey.
Ordered: 28th July 2018
Provisional Delivery Date: 15 December 2018
Updated Delivery Date: Early January 2019
New Delivery Date: 27 November 2018.

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:56 pm

Tow Hook, Tow Eye. Tow Bar.....it's all in the terminology really
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

DenisWH

Post by DenisWH » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:13 am

Sorry...bit misleading I suppose using tow hook. I meant a whole tow bar after market type from one of the usual makers Brinks, Witter etc.

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:23 am

Hi,

I don't know, but I doubt it. Mine was factory fit but I've fitted a tow bar to other vehicles and they all required the bumper taking off completely. I know when I was looking for my BMW 3 series, there was a detailed fitting guide available from the supplier and the tow bar was bolted to the vehicle by removing the steel inner bumper (behind the plastic body bumper) then replacing them with longer bolts.

If you don't want to remove the bumper, why not get it professionally fitted? Westfalia have fitters throughout the country and will do the necessary software modifications to the vehicle as well.

But it gets pricey...

fM
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Phantom

Post by Phantom » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

Taking the bumper off looks scary but it is simple. My pro fitter did it for £495. Detachable and full electrics.

By the way is it just me, are people paying the extra for detachable tow bars and then drive around with them on all the time.
Black 190 DSG Excellence

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”