Problems in SEAT Ateca

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Omar Emad

Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Omar Emad » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:41 am

What are the problems you've faced so far in your Ateca?

Ghiggz

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Ghiggz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:47 am

None for me, 25 months of happy motoring so far!!
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

reallywantanateca

Post by reallywantanateca » Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:05 pm

None really.

Car came with outdated version of sat nav maps and traffic updates didn't work. Downloading the latest version of the maps available online fixed both of these.
Ateca Xcellence 1.6TDI - Nevada White + space saver spare + heated windscreen

BrianG

Post by BrianG » Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:11 pm

8 weeks in no problems,very pleased with the car.

Thought the full link with android would be better than it is, can’t see much use for it to be honest.

I notice that there’s a sign appears in the central dash space if I’m too close to the vehicle in front, useful, but a warning sound as well might improve awareness.

The heated mirror switch - seems to be across the vw range, other cars I’ve had have this in the central console with a led light.

Everything else is really good , my first purchase of a vw group vehicle so hope it’s a good move.
2.0 FR, Velvet Red, 4Drive, Space saver spare & working rear view camera...

reallywantanateca

Post by reallywantanateca » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:19 pm

BrianG wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:11 pm
Thought the full link with android would be better than it is, can’t see much use for it to be honest.
Google Maps for navigation via Android Auto is really good. Particularly like the ability to speak to it to tell it where to navigate to, makes it much nicer than the Seat sat nav (and all others) where typing in the destination is generally a pain. Ability to read out texts, whatsapp messages etc also good. As well as using Google voice search to Google facts to settle a debate on a long journey quite fun.
Ateca Xcellence 1.6TDI - Nevada White + space saver spare + heated windscreen

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:26 pm

reallywantanateca wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:05 pm
None really.
Yep none.
Well, I have had a new windscreen, but that was from a stone thrown up at me by a car in front on the M5, and not a fault of the car..
Aside from that nothing has gone wrong with anything, no issues or problems (so far)...

As for niggles, I don't rate the electric window switches much, glovebox is too small with the CD unit in there, & mirrorlink is useless.
Other than that, all good!!
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Silvertouran

Post by Silvertouran » Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Clunking noise from front driver side suspension on rough surfaces.
Even with the seat at highest position the sun visor barely blocks out the sun.
The bonnet release lever needs to have the passenger door open before you can operate it.
The annoying message which tells you the stop/start system is active every time you stop.
In heavy rain it tells you the front sensor cannot see.
Nothing major really.
I love the car

Johng906

Post by Johng906 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:01 pm

6 months in, a few items:
Rattling noise behind steering column
Condensation in both led headlights
Intermittent squeaky clutch pedal
Full link misbehaving, especially if head lights are switched on/off, kills the connection for some reason.

I've had the rattle noise fixed. Getting the others done / cheked at next service.

Overall going well, wish my mpg was better, but that's down to me not the car...
1.4 TSI FR, manual, rhodium grey, reverse camera, full link, KESSY

DavidP

Post by DavidP » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 pm

Faulty sensor in exhaust, fixed at first service.
XCELLENCE 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 Manual
Reflex Silver, Spare Wheel, SEAT Sound, Virtual Pedal, ACC
Delivered July 2017

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:07 pm

Omar Emad wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:41 am
What are the problems you've faced so far in your Ateca?
No problems as such, just minor irritations like lack of dipping door mirror whilst reversing ( all other VW group products seem to have this feature ) which I took for granted the Ateca had. And when looking around for tyres, the 18" wheels use an awkward size which limits the choice.

Problems I'm going to face? well that's another story. It's likely the Ateca will be changed early next year as we need an auto but due to Seat UK's decision to change specs, I can't find a suitable car. A 1.0tsi SE-L would fit the bill but you can't order that with an auto box right now. I could order an Xcellence with the 1.5tsi engine which I suppose is a direct replacement, but that looses out on the heated seats that I want. An Xcellence Lux ticks all the boxes, but that's like spending an extra £2500 for heated seats. Plus it comes with 19" wheels which I defo don't want.

So as much as I love my Ateca, it looks like we'll end up going for a Karoq as Skoda still offer the facility to tailor a car to my spec.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”