Problems in SEAT Ateca

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Analoguekid

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Analoguekid » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:27 am

My drive mode selector is not working, well it works in so much as the led moves, and the dash displays the change, but there is no difference between any of the four modes in my 1.5l 2wd, I’ve had it in for a check with Seat, but nothing in the disgnostics, so have raised a technical issue with Seat and will get a call early in the new year hopefully.

Omar Emad

Post by Omar Emad » Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:20 am

Thanks everybody I really appreciate your replies 👌😊😊😊

AndyE14

Post by AndyE14 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:57 am

reallywantanateca wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:19 pm
BrianG wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:11 pm
Thought the full link with android would be better than it is, can’t see much use for it to be honest.
Google Maps for navigation via Android Auto is really good. Particularly like the ability to speak to it to tell it where to navigate to, makes it much nicer than the Seat sat nav (and all others) where typing in the destination is generally a pain. Ability to read out texts, whatsapp messages etc also good. As well as using Google voice search to Google facts to settle a debate on a long journey quite fun.
Waze works in a similar way but is better, for instance today it saved me 2 hours over a google maps navigation
2.0L 190 PS 4WD DSG, Rodium grey, heated windscreen, panoramic sunroof, xcellence pack, advanced driving & comfort pack plus 2, navigation system plus pack, electric drivers seat, boot divider net.

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:25 pm

Ateca fr 1.5 lumpy running in first gear on restart, also loss of power in second.

AndyE14

Post by AndyE14 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:20 pm

Analoguekid wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:27 am
My drive mode selector is not working, well it works in so much as the led moves, and the dash displays the change, but there is no difference between any of the four modes in my 1.5l 2wd, I’ve had it in for a check with Seat, but nothing in the disgnostics, so have raised a technical issue with Seat and will get a call early in the new year hopefully.
Is it Auto or Manual?

Does the drive mode do anything for non DSG cars?
2.0L 190 PS 4WD DSG, Rodium grey, heated windscreen, panoramic sunroof, xcellence pack, advanced driving & comfort pack plus 2, navigation system plus pack, electric drivers seat, boot divider net.

Analoguekid

Post by Analoguekid » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:26 pm

It’s manual, the steering weight and throttle response should change, but no difference no matter where it sits.

Philw

Post by Philw » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:01 pm

Anyone else seeing this fault on the info system in sport mode.? On start-up the display will show the correct digital display but the analogue dial displays remain at zero. Change mode then back to sport mode & it reads OK. Happens each time if I stop in sport mode then restart after a few minutes. Dealer diagnostics did not show a fault code so it’s with Seat Technical.
Ateca 1.4 EcoTSI Xcellence in reflex silver. Purchased from dealer stock in November 17.

MBM

Post by MBM » Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:11 am

rattle from inside the doors
Rhodium Grey, 1.4 DSG, Virtual cockpit, adaptive cruise control, navigation etc. 19"
Denmark.

RCJA

Post by RCJA » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:06 am

Been good as gold till a few weeks ago:
Now have an intermittent problem ''Error: driver door contact switch'' been told its common across the VAG cars.

viewtopic.php?p=32551#p32551

And as you say 'Golfmk56' the lack of dipping door mirror whilst reversing is annoying, (i also have a 2017 Leon FR ST and that does it...)..

i also find the parking sensors a bit slow to react sometimes in both our SEAT's
RCJA ;)
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence, Black Magic,
Xcellence pack, Driver assists packs, 19", SEAT sound - Spare wheel..
Picked up 2018 :D

Mozza83

Post by Mozza83 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:09 am

Sneaky firmware updates.

Previous posts have mentioned the drive selector not doing anything on manual ateca’s. Well I always found I could tell a huge difference to the steering weights depending on mode, normal always worked best for me, plus in sport mode I found pulling away under normal conditions a bit to jumpy.

This all changed after car went in for its first service back in October 2018. Received car back and steering felt noticably heavier. Didn’t make a difference between any mode. Also pulling away doesn’t feel as smooth, feels more like what sport mode used to be. Only way I see any difference now between modes is the ref light position and acceleration time when resuming cruise control.

I don’t have any proof but personally I suspect it was a firmware update. Only evidence of a change I see is that previously I used to have a option for the passenger side mirror dipping when reversing (never worked) in the menu...but that’s no longer there.
Ordered 03/06/17 - 1.4 Ecotsi SE-Tech Nevada white with conv pack + dark tinted windows. Unconfirmed build week 40, 41, 43, 41 and now built as of 11/10/17- awaiting delivery.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”