Problems in SEAT Ateca

All Seat Ateca related discussions
SCBomorse
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 am

I've had my Xcellence Lux for a week and I have a few niggles that personally annoy me.

The cup holders are in a stupid position, you have to move and readjust the armrest every time you use them. I ended up spilling a can of coke in them because of this and now no longer have cans in the car.

I have the 360° cameras but would really like a dipping mirror as the cameras do not show the curb in the dark.

I wish you could close the electric boot from the dash switch instead of only being able to open it.

The heated mirrors switch is stupid. They should be activated automatically with the heated front and rear screens.

It doesn't have traffic sign recognition but has the camera and tech to make use of it.

It also doesn't have traffic jam assist or Emergency Assist which it used to have I'm told.

One excruciating thing I hate as someone with Autism is the fact the stereo power button image rotates when you adjust the volume and therefore doesn't point in the correct orientation. I have it set perfectly aligned and only use the volume scroll wheel instead.

I also hate the fact that no matter which drive select mode I choose, the car manages to keep the setting but always resets the gearbox to normal and I want it to stay in eco mode. It says in the manual that it does this, but I just don't know why I can't keep it in eco.

Other than these little niggles I love the car so far. I had a new MINI Countryman Cooper D auto last year and although that has a much nicer interior (the ambient lighting is amazing but in the Ateca it's just the two front door trims), the Seat is much preferable as a whole. It drives really comfortably even on the 19" alloys, although I have found grip is awful in the damp. You either understeer massively or as I found out today, oversteer dramatically and hang the back out unintentionally!
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)


jaybmouth
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by jaybmouth » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:22 am

I've had my Ateca 3 weeks now.

In general, I'm really happy with the car but I do have a fair few 'niggles':

1. The 1.5 engine peculiarities at low speed. The slight jumpiness in 1st gear and flat spot in 2nd

2. I find the 1.5 engine quite noisy under revs

3. My steering makes a fairly loud 'whooshing' noise when its near to or at full lock. Do others experience this?

4. I struggle to get into reverse gear a lot of the time (manual).

5. I also find the spinning power button symbol of the entertainment system annoying!


Bagheera
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 am
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Bagheera » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 pm

SCBomorse wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 am
I've had my Xcellence Lux for a week and I have a few niggles that personally annoy me.

The cup holders are in a stupid position, you have to move and readjust the armrest every time you use them. I ended up spilling a can of coke in them because of this and now no longer have cans in the car.

I have the 360° cameras but would really like a dipping mirror as the cameras do not show the curb in the dark.

I wish you could close the electric boot from the dash switch instead of only being able to open it.

The heated mirrors switch is stupid. They should be activated automatically with the heated front and rear screens.

It doesn't have traffic sign recognition but has the camera and tech to make use of it.

It also doesn't have traffic jam assist or Emergency Assist which it used to have I'm told.

One excruciating thing I hate as someone with Autism is the fact the stereo power button image rotates when you adjust the volume and therefore doesn't point in the correct orientation. I have it set perfectly aligned and only use the volume scroll wheel instead.

I also hate the fact that no matter which drive select mode I choose, the car manages to keep the setting but always resets the gearbox to normal and I want it to stay in eco mode. It says in the manual that it does this, but I just don't know why I can't keep it in eco.

Other than these little niggles I love the car so far. I had a new MINI Countryman Cooper D auto last year and although that has a much nicer interior (the ambient lighting is amazing but in the Ateca it's just the two front door trims), the Seat is much preferable as a whole. It drives really comfortably even on the 19" alloys, although I have found grip is awful in the damp. You either understeer massively or as I found out today, oversteer dramatically and hang the back out unintentionally!
You can close the hatch actually when you long press the button.
1.4 TSI DSG Style - Nevada White, with Panoramic Sunroof, Front Assist, Style Pack, Virtual Pedal, Electric Boot Lid.


Bagheera
Posts: 117
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:11 am
Location: Istanbul, Turkey

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Bagheera » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm

It's been two years. A few annoying things has come out so far:

1. Every time it rains, the front assist sensor fails.
2. Car becomes very nervous and fidgety when driven through crosswinds. Wheel alignments done, but to no avail. Very disappointing.
3. Left LED headlight suddenly died and then came alive.
4. Thirsty around town: 10 litres/100 km.
5. DSG gearbox can be hesitant at times.
6. When I connect via Carplay and listen to Spotify for a while, for most of the time, a terrible buzzing sound occurs through all speakers and won't go away. I have to unplug the cord every time and plug in back.
1.4 TSI DSG Style - Nevada White, with Panoramic Sunroof, Front Assist, Style Pack, Virtual Pedal, Electric Boot Lid.


User avatar
Paul.Cambs
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:14 am
Location: Cambridgeshire

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Paul.Cambs » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Bagheera wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 pm


You can close the hatch actually when you long press the button.
Wow, never know that - just tried and it works - ignition has to be on but thats to be expected - excellent
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen


Brenngun
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 am

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Brenngun » Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Bagheera wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 pm
You can close the hatch actually when you long press the button.
Thanks also, really helpful.

Niggles
Loss of power / flat spot on 1/2 gear - other posts on this on the Forum
Questionable fuel economy (1.5 TSI) - also on Forum
Stupid position of heated mirror switch but same as a Golf I had so just a matter of getting used to it
Not a fan of the tyre pressure gunk so bought a spare wheel (Thanks Forum)

Overall - happy, looks good, loads of room & kit, decent ride even on 19" (although previous cars were significantly harder so others may not be so convinced)
MY19 + 1.5 Evo Man + Xcellence Lux + Lava Blue


Max Jaffa
Posts: 33
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by Max Jaffa » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:26 pm

So far so good...

Just over 2 years and nothing at all to report by way of faults. Tyre wear less than I would have hoped - 14,000 miles for the front Falkens (used to get 25,000 on the Leon). Switched now to Michelins.

Touch wood - happy bunny!
1.4 TSI Xcellence, Bila white, 18" performance alloys


tobydog
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 am
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by tobydog » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Max - are the Michelins the Primacy 3's? The Primacy 3's are supposed to be a much quieter ride than the Bridgestone's I have but coming from the quiet Falken's you may not notice the difference. How is the ride now you've changed?
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D


SCBomorse
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by SCBomorse » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:22 am

Bagheera wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:14 pm
SCBomorse wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 am
I've had my Xcellence Lux for a week and I have a few niggles that personally annoy me.

The cup holders are in a stupid position, you have to move and readjust the armrest every time you use them. I ended up spilling a can of coke in them because of this and now no longer have cans in the car.

I have the 360° cameras but would really like a dipping mirror as the cameras do not show the curb in the dark.

I wish you could close the electric boot from the dash switch instead of only being able to open it.

The heated mirrors switch is stupid. They should be activated automatically with the heated front and rear screens.

It doesn't have traffic sign recognition but has the camera and tech to make use of it.

It also doesn't have traffic jam assist or Emergency Assist which it used to have I'm told.

One excruciating thing I hate as someone with Autism is the fact the stereo power button image rotates when you adjust the volume and therefore doesn't point in the correct orientation. I have it set perfectly aligned and only use the volume scroll wheel instead.

I also hate the fact that no matter which drive select mode I choose, the car manages to keep the setting but always resets the gearbox to normal and I want it to stay in eco mode. It says in the manual that it does this, but I just don't know why I can't keep it in eco.

Other than these little niggles I love the car so far. I had a new MINI Countryman Cooper D auto last year and although that has a much nicer interior (the ambient lighting is amazing but in the Ateca it's just the two front door trims), the Seat is much preferable as a whole. It drives really comfortably even on the 19" alloys, although I have found grip is awful in the damp. You either understeer massively or as I found out today, oversteer dramatically and hang the back out unintentionally!
You can close the hatch actually when you long press the button.
Ah, thank you!
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)


SCBomorse
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Re: Problems in SEAT Ateca

Post by SCBomorse » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:25 am

Bagheera wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:34 pm
It's been two years. A few annoying things has come out so far:

1. Every time it rains, the front assist sensor fails.
2. Car becomes very nervous and fidgety when driven through crosswinds. Wheel alignments done, but to no avail. Very disappointing.
3. Left LED headlight suddenly died and then came alive.
4. Thirsty around town: 10 litres/100 km.
5. DSG gearbox can be hesitant at times.
6. When I connect via Carplay and listen to Spotify for a while, for most of the time, a terrible buzzing sound occurs through all speakers and won't go away. I have to unplug the cord every time and plug in back.
Have you taken it back to Seat regarding the front assist? I've never had an issue, even in heavy rain.

Driving through extremely thick fog I was glad of the adaptive cruise being able to track cars in front that I couldn't see.
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)


Post Reply

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”