Reverse activated kerb view on passenger mirror

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Skippyfuzz

Reverse activated kerb view on passenger mirror

Post by Skippyfuzz » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Hi all
Im fairly new to SEAT, having bought my Ateca in August 18.
Prior to that I had 8 VW's and they all had a feature that adjusted the passenger mirror when reverse gear was selected.
Its a really useful feature that i assumed all VW group cars would have, but its missing from my Xcellence and I cant seem to find any way to activate it in the menus. My dealer also had a look but said it wasnt an option.
Does anyone have an ateca with this feature?
Im wondering if it might be possible to enable with VAGCOM?
Many thanks

Rob

galwegian

Re: Reverse activated kerb view on passenger mirror

Post by galwegian » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Can be activated easily via VAG COM or OBDEleven.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 pm

It was disabled on the Leon for a time. The problem was that it did not return to exactly the same position. I think that was solved so it should not be a problem on the Ateca. They do some odd things with these options, why, for instance, does the Ateca with LED lights not have the cornering lights function? Again, that can easily be changed.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:29 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:32 pm
It was disabled on the Leon for a time. The problem was that it did not return to exactly the same position. I think that was solved so it should not be a problem on the Ateca. They do some odd things with these options, why, for instance, does the Ateca with LED lights not have the cornering lights function? Again, that can easily be changed.
Traffic Sign Recognition is a good one - I've got the Lane Keep Assist and High Beam Assist so the hardware's there, but TSR wasn't possible (although can be enabled using OBDII interface).

Regarding the cornering lights... it does have them - the MY18 update (mid 2017) that added the LED front fog lights and progressive steering also reintroduced the cornering function. I have it on my Ateca.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rhodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:53 am

They obviously changed with the update you have. Realised the error of their ways?

if you have the 360º cameras its not so important.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Yep, only 3 months after my car was built they had a second revision and added the rear USB ports and phone net. Always tweaking things.

Back on topic though and Rob, not an 'option' from the official route, but as Fred says you can enable it with the right tools - and there's a few threads covering it on these forums.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rhodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:20 am

I don't have this feature on my week old Xcellence Lux.
The 360° cameras don't help either. In the dark you can't see the curb on the camera.
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”