First impressions

All Seat Ateca related discussions
SCBomorse

First impressions

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:35 am

I collected my Ateca last Monday and have put about 350 miles on it so far.

There are some things on the car I love and some I dislike.

Dislikes:

~ The stupid cup holder placement. Meaning you have to readjust and set the armrest EVERY SINGLE TIME! I also managed to spill a can in there trying to remove it without moving the armrest.

~ The fact there is no traffic sign recognition despite having the camera for the lane assist.

~ No reverse dipping mirror. I have the 360° cameras which are great, but they make the curb difficult to see and impossible at night.

~ Traffic jam assist is no longer available.

~ Emergency Assist is no longer available.

~ The fact the stereo power button logo rotates when you change the volume (I have to have it centred correctly or else I can't drive. I know - it's strange) I now only use the steering wheel volume control.

~ The ambient lighting is pretty naff. Only the front two doors are lit in ambient light. The footwells stay white and so does the centre console storage, but the light from the roof shining down is red. (I did own a 2018 MINI Countryman and the ambient lighting in that was amazing, so maybe it's an unfair comparison)

~ The autohold brakes are a nuisance when using park assist.

~ The ACC takes an age to pull away once you reactivate it.

~ The gearbox always reverts from ECO to normal after every restart.

Things I love:

~ The LED head lights are superb and much brighter than my last car with full LED beams. It's just a shame the rear indicators are only filament bulbs, really let's the look down.

~ The heated sport seats are superb. Get nice and toasty and hold you well in place.

~ Foot operated boot opening. Sounds like a gimmic until you have to walk with a crutch with shopping bags in the other hand!

~ I love the height over the other traffic it gives me. This makes my MINI Countryman feel like just a bloated hatch.

~ The digital cockpit. The different screens are great; high resolution and very configurable.

~ I love my colour, nearly every Ateca I see is white. Samoa orange is really polarising, some people love it but one person even called it "disgusting"

~ I love my decals, I've never seen another Ateca with them and they make the car look really chunky.

~ The suspension is very fluid despite the 19" alloys and very low profile tyres.

~ The wireless charging and phone box are a massive boom to me.

The car never came with the sat nav SD card, I had to wait a week for delivery to the dealer. Apparently they were getting stolen at the port so Seat no longer sends them with the car.

So far I am totally smitten with the car. The niggles above might seem like a lot, but they're just small things that you only notice when you take delivery of a car.
This is possibly the nicest car I've owned (and I've owned 57 cars since passing my test at 17, 15 years ago!)

I was also surprised to find the 1.6TDi now comes with adblue! That's a recent change for the 2019 model I belive, in light of the new WLTP figures. It only used to be included on the 2.0TDi.

I've attached some pics from when I collected it. Let me know what you guys think of the colour and decal combo.

20181231_130032.jpg

20181231_130015.jpg

20181231_130006.jpg

20181231_130028.jpg

Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)

chickey92

Re: First impressions

Post by chickey92 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:20 pm

Amazing looking car, I personally love the decals!

One thing I am worried about is the fact you mention that Emergency Assist and Traffic Jam Assist are no longer available? I am due to collect my Ateca (Xcellence) this week and was under the impression this was standard.

Have they removed this feature?

DSG4WD

Post by DSG4WD » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:45 pm

With regard to ACC, are you running in ECO? If so, I'm afraid this is to be expected. I've set my mode dial to user defined and although the engine is on normal, I've set ACC on sport. I find it accelerates quite briskly :D
Lava blue Excellence 190 DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

boristhebold

Post by boristhebold » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:41 pm

For balance with Chickey....I think it loves dreadful.

Ciano

Post by Ciano » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:39 pm

I am another one who thinks 'decals' look awful. Sorry.

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:56 pm

Traffic Jam Assist definitely isn't included. I did check with Seat Headquaters before the car arrived and have check it since getting it.

Emergency Assist is also definitely missing. Unlike some VAG cars it doesn't bring the car to a stop or put the hazard lights on. Just dabs them to wake you up.

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 pm

DSG4WD wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:45 pm
With regard to ACC, are you running in ECO? If so, I'm afraid this is to be expected. I've set my mode dial to user defined and although the engine is on normal, I've set ACC on sport. I find it accelerates quite briskly :D
I've since put it into normal mode and it is better but not great. Definitely less frustrating for everyone if you accelerate away then re-engage it.

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:59 pm

I'm perfectly aware people find it polarising and take no offence lol. I wasn't even sure myself when I actually saw it first time haha

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”