All Seat Ateca related discussions
Goldstones2

Re: Traffic Sign Recognition

Post by Goldstones2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Truly, many thanks.

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:45 pm

Thanks. Very odd, I do have TSR but do not have that particular item in settings.

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:28 pm

I which case I suspect that maybe you do not have TSR enabled in your car.
Even without TSR It is possible to see the speed limit sign displayed on the Nav map on the central console as it gets this info from the navigation map data on the SD card.
Whether that map data is displayed on the central display is controlled by pressing the Nav side button followed by Settings, then selecting Map:
If the Show road signs is ticked :

20190108_125629.jpg

then the speed limit info from the map data is displayed:

20190108_125815.jpg

If it is not ticked then is is not displayed:

20190108_125752.jpg

You will see the above Nav/Map menu options behavior even without TSR.

With TSR you will should also see the options in my previous post.

Note:
The way that I understand it is that with TSR the map data provides the initial speed limit to display, which is then overridden by any road signs that the TSR system sees (via the windscreen camera).
e.g. on a motorway the central and digital cockpit displays will show 70 until a temporary speed restriction sign of e.g. 50 is seen by the camera, at which point both displays will show 50 until a different speed sign is seen by the camera.
Without TSR the central display will show 70 even after the 50 limit sign is seen.

What model Ateca do you have and which "packs" were included?
I don't think that any MY19 cars have TSR enabled, even if all the required hardware is installed (windscreen camera?), despite what the dealer may tell you.
OBDEleven or an equivalent tool can confirm if it is enabled or not.
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:00 pm

I have xcellence lux, just got it yesterday and traffic signs do show on my Nav screen just not on the digital dash. Strange

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:03 pm

Seat told me it would have TSR

Nico

Post by Nico » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm like you Goldstones2, took delivery of Xcellence Lux last week and there is no " Dynamic Road Sign Display" coming up in the Driver assistance menu like the one showing in the photo by leWrat.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG, Lava Blue

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 pm

The MY19 Lux did not come with TSR.
My dealership and initially also Seat Customer Services said that TSR was included, but the menu options were not visible. They booked me in to the garage to have it enabled. It went in but the menu options were still not available when it came out.
Another call to Seat Customer Services and it got escalated to a manager. After approx one week the manager rang me to apologise and tell me that it was not possible to have TSR on my MY19 Lux.
At Christmas I was given an OBDeleven and following the instructions on another topic/thread on this forum I enabled TSR and the menu options are now available and TSR now works.

SCBomorse

Post by SCBomorse » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:56 pm

My 2019 Xcellence Lux does not have TSR. The car never came with with the SD card maps. I tried to set the speed limit signs but it said it wasn't available without the navigation maps.
It only shows me the speed on a the actual map, not the digital cockpit. So I can only assume mine comes only from the map data.
Ateca 1.6tdi Xcellence Lux DSG in Samoa Orange 8-)

Nico

Post by Nico » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:10 pm

leWrat wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:24 pm
The MY19 Lux did not come with TSR.
My dealership and initially also Seat Customer Services said that TSR was included, but the menu options were not visible. They booked me in to the garage to have it enabled. It went in but the menu options were still not available when it came out.
Another call to Seat Customer Services and it got escalated to a manager. After approx one week the manager rang me to apologise and tell me that it was not possible to have TSR on my MY19 Lux.
At Christmas I was given an OBDeleven and following the instructions on another topic/thread on this forum I enabled TSR and the menu options are now available and TSR now works.
I can't understand , if the Lux model has all the hardware and software fitted and available for TSR, why they don't enable it. :?:
Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG, Lava Blue

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:33 am

Nico wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:10 pm
I can't understand , if the Lux model has all the hardware and software fitted and available for TSR, why they don't enable it. :?:
Getting a clear answer from Seat is very unlikely as their Customer Services manager told me that if he could he would have got it enabled, but that it was impossible!

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”