The Cup holder issue

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Glendia
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Glendia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:16 pm

Analoguekid wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:41 am
I like where the cupholders are, i hate having them in front of gearstick, or too close to the gearstick but behind it, means you bump them everytime you change gear.

As for armrest, I just slide mine back, you can leave it elevated and still slide back and forward, and lets face it, you dont need an armrest when having a drink.

As for the deeper holder on passenger side, i ‘aquired’ one of these below from a Ford Kuga, works a treat and both cupholders are pretty much the same height.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD ... 3511252548
My car is an auto so gear stick not really an issue

So does this ford insert allow you to have two cups side by side in the Ateca ?
Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 DSG with all the toys


TomMurray
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by TomMurray » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:34 pm

I just picked up my car a week or so ago and I think the design must have changed a bit. Doesn't help anyone here though mind...

The arm rest isn't in the way of the cup holders at all. With a large cup if does get a little in the way of your elbow, but I use a sealable travel mug so can stash it in the door it it bothers me.

Image
MY19 Spec 1.5 TSI Xcellence ordered week 39.
Unconfirmed build date week 47 / Built week 47 / Arrived at dealer week 50 / Picked up week 52


tobydog
Posts: 452
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 am
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by tobydog » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Tom - sorry if this is a silly question but do you realise that the armrest does slide forward in order for it to be of any real use as an actual armrest? By doing this, it does fully cover the cup holders. Hardly a third world issue but it does require the armrest to remain in the back position when using the cup holder unless you want to slide it back and forth each time you have a sip. I like my armrest in the forward position permanently.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Xcellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D


TomMurray
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:10 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by TomMurray » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:19 pm

So it does :oops:
Not an issue to me, I'm happy with it back when cups are there, or using the space in the door but I can see peoples points.
MY19 Spec 1.5 TSI Xcellence ordered week 39.
Unconfirmed build date week 47 / Built week 47 / Arrived at dealer week 50 / Picked up week 52


Analoguekid
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Analoguekid » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Glendia wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:16 pm
Analoguekid wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:41 am
I like where the cupholders are, i hate having them in front of gearstick, or too close to the gearstick but behind it, means you bump them everytime you change gear.

As for armrest, I just slide mine back, you can leave it elevated and still slide back and forward, and lets face it, you dont need an armrest when having a drink.

As for the deeper holder on passenger side, i ‘aquired’ one of these below from a Ford Kuga, works a treat and both cupholders are pretty much the same height.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD ... 3511252548
My car is an auto so gear stick not really an issue

So does this ford insert allow you to have two cups side by side in the Ateca ?

I suppose it depends on the size of cup you use, the insert raises the passenger side holder to within 10mm of the height of the other one, it may mean you can get more in due to height, in my case it raises a can of pop high enough to get your fingers round it. May help with some situations but not with others.

See here

64AC7567-1712-4AB3-8C6B-BE1226357FEC.jpeg



Glendia
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Glendia » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:22 pm

Analoguekid wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm
Glendia wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:16 pm
Analoguekid wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:41 am
I like where the cupholders are, i hate having them in front of gearstick, or too close to the gearstick but behind it, means you bump them everytime you change gear.

As for armrest, I just slide mine back, you can leave it elevated and still slide back and forward, and lets face it, you dont need an armrest when having a drink.

As for the deeper holder on passenger side, i ‘aquired’ one of these below from a Ford Kuga, works a treat and both cupholders are pretty much the same height.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-FORD ... 3511252548
My car is an auto so gear stick not really an issue

So does this ford insert allow you to have two cups side by side in the Ateca ?

I suppose it depends on the size of cup you use, the insert raises the passenger side holder to within 10mm of the height of the other one, it may mean you can get more in due to height, in my case it raises a can of pop high enough to get your fingers round it. May help with some situations but not with others.

See here

64AC7567-1712-4AB3-8C6B-BE1226357FEC.jpeg
Thanks , time to get the tape measure out methinks !
Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 DSG with all the toys


Analoguekid
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Analoguekid » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Glendia wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:22 pm
Analoguekid wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm
Glendia wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:16 pm


My car is an auto so gear stick not really an issue

So does this ford insert allow you to have two cups side by side in the Ateca ?

I suppose it depends on the size of cup you use, the insert raises the passenger side holder to within 10mm of the height of the other one, it may mean you can get more in due to height, in my case it raises a can of pop high enough to get your fingers round it. May help with some situations but not with others.

See here

64AC7567-1712-4AB3-8C6B-BE1226357FEC.jpeg
Thanks , time to get the tape measure out methinks !

Here is a pic without the adapter.

C6F25EEE-3D65-4FD8-A58A-38E52EC01055.jpeg



User avatar
Bedlam
Posts: 197
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 pm
Location: North Yorkshire

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Bedlam » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:46 pm

Surely the shallower one is a leftover provision for the ashtray/coinholder accessory to sit in, which Seat have tried to disguise as a can holder ?
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen


Analoguekid
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:01 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Analoguekid » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Bedlam wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:46 pm
Surely the shallower one is a leftover provision for the ashtray/coinholder accessory to sit in, which Seat have tried to disguise as a can holder ?
Perhaps, however there is no need to make it shallower, as the coin holder would be held by being wider at the top, more likely there is a component under the shallower one that requires the space.


Johng906
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:47 pm

Re: The Cup holder issue

Post by Johng906 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:41 pm

I wonder if there's stuff out the to mount on the glove box or the door where the passenger could store a cup. Or even something on velcro backing that would stick on the carpet beside the 12v / usb slots. Haven't found any.

I've checked out a lot of the double cup holder inserts for the centre console and they look flimsy and about the same as the ones already there.
1.4 TSI FR, manual, rhodium grey, reverse camera, full link, KESSY


Post Reply

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”