Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Variable Floor Boot

15K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Fred99 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking at getting an Ateca FR to replace my Leon ST. The Leon has the really handy variable floor boot which I need to be able to use my dog cage. When I looked at the dealers the Ateca didn't have this and the brochure and online configurator make no mention of it. I did ask the sales staff but as is often the case no more use than a chocolate teapot.

Forums searches seem to show it used to be an option so any idea where it went?

#5 ·
It's all about Seat UK making it easy for themselves, not you, the customers.
It's still available on other markets as the option.
Also it can be ordered/ fitted to 4WD as long as you have repair kit. Only 4WD with space saver wheel makes it impossible to fit one.

#6 ·
Felix said:
It's still available on other markets as the option.
Also it can be ordered/ fitted to 4WD as long as you have repair kit. Only 4WD with space saver wheel makes it impossible to fit one.
While I agree, many manufacturers are now going this way. What anoys me is the options we don't get in the UK, seat sound and dcc for example.

#7 ·
I know many manufacturers are going this way. It's just that in case of Seat i know it's not the case at least on some markets.
In Poland for example one can still configure the car, just as before WLTP. So you can still have "tailor made" car, with options you want. And variable boot floor is one of them. Unfortunately it's not possible in UK.

#8 ·
I have 4drive and a variable floor. My Ateca didn't have the variable floor but I managed to source a floor and the two guide brackets from a car breaker. £75 for floor and brackets included delivery too.

#10 ·
Felix said:
I think the main reason is to make cars more easily available so you don't have to wait 6 months.

Cars are sold like this in the US - dealers keep loads in stock, very few options (those that there are, are often in packs). You drive in with your old car, buy a new one, and drive it out same day.

#14 ·
Yes it is possible is the short answer. I've seen a couple of great DIY versions on this forum. I had it 'after market' fitted by the dealer a couple of weeks ago. They had never heard of it being done outside of the factory and I had to refer them to info on here. Very long story short, they referred to SEAT customer service who guided them on parts list etc. It's done what I wanted to achieve - made the boot almost level with opening lip and provided some storage space above the original boot flooor which is still in place. The big plus for us is that it's now easier lifting our daughter's wheelchair in and out.

#17 ·
Or Spanish favouritism from a Spanish company :roll:. All rather odd given that they are all built in the same Czech factory.

#18 ·
I wonder if you can order the options wanted in other LHD countries (Malta and Cyprus in EU) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.