Votes: 3 5.4%
  • <t>Secondary Immobiliser</t>

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • <t>Other (Add to post as to what)</t>

Votes: 0 0.0%

KESSY: What Security measures do you take

15K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Lets see what people with KESSY actually do :)

You can tick as many as apply to you

G
#27 ·
Golfmk56 said:
What is it with people - do you think theives only take your cars whilst parked at home?
Sounds like you don't understand how keyless cars are vulnerable.

Essentially the thieves use a relay device to relay the signal from the key to the vehicle when the key is out of range. It requires two thieves, one stood near the car with the receiver (to open the car) and the other stood nearer to the key with a transmitter device. Both the key and the vehicle have limited ranges so the thieves needs to be within those ranges.

Therefore the thieves would have to see you pull up, determine it is a keyless vehicle either by watching you closely to see how you lock it or scanning the vehicle after you have locked it. Then one thief would need to stand at the vehicle whilst the other walks within range of you waving an aerial around...

If they don't see you pull up then they won't know who to target.

Police say to keep your key away from doors or windows, which suggests that a lot of the keyless thefts are from homes where the owner keeps the key near to the front door / windows. Thieves target homes at night as they can be pretty certain the key is in the house.

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-tech/101890/how-to-avoid-keyless-theft

So that's why I'm not worried when I am away from my house.

#28 ·
Curious....

Putting aside those that don't (need) to do anything but lock or use those who use additional means, that leaves....

18 using RF protection pouch/tin
12 using disabling feature

Is it the 18 don't trust the builtin disabling system or don't know its there/how to use it?

G
#29 ·
Didn't we establish in a previous thread that the one cycle disable is a MY18 onwards feature? If so, the Faraday Gang may have early models?

Maybe they are untrusting of the feature, their own ability to use it, their own ability to remember to use it, or they just like the belt and braces approach... Might be time for another poll!

Whichever solution you use, I hope everyone sleeps well. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.