Votes: 3 5.4%
  • <t>Secondary Immobiliser</t>

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • <t>Other (Add to post as to what)</t>

Votes: 0 0.0%

KESSY: What Security measures do you take

15K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Lets see what people with KESSY actually do :)

You can tick as many as apply to you

#2 ·
I've ticked the None box. Our drive is particularly awkward to steal a car from at night as it has a big gate and needs an experienced six point turn on noisy gravel to get out. Add in the security lighting and the risk/reward diminishes pretty quickly. During the day it spends 5 days a week in a secure company car park. If I'm going to be unlucky for the remaining time then I can live with that. I fully appreciate that an open driveway or on-street parking in an urban area might require the owner to be far more proactive. Or as someone once put it, "that's what I buy insurance for"!

#3 ·
Keep my Kessy key in a Faraday pouch when at home or away overnight. Then remembered that the spare key was stored fairly close to my man-cave's window and so bought another pouch for it. About seven or eight quid from Amazon so very cheap good security

#6 ·
Found the RF protection pouch stopped working after a few months, guess small holes wear in the fabric.

Now use a little metal tin a beer glass came in works perfect, obviously only at home don't worry away from home.

#13 ·
We had the last car pinched so went with the AW Ghost on our Ateca, I now sleep the whole night haha
I would urge anyone with an open driveway or a drive of easy access to step their security up, to just think they won't want this particular car is just absurd.
I have genuinely lost count of the amount of Qashqai's, Kuga's and Mokka's (to name some) that have been stolen since we had our last car pinched back in Sept.
To add I have seen that there has been a few Ateca's stolen in the past couple of month too

#15 ·
RH07 said:
How do you disable the Kessy as mentioned above. having only had the car a week ,only drive, get out lock and go indoors.
You have to lock the car using the remote button, then touch the door handle locking sensor within 5 seconds. This will deactivate the keyless entry for one locking/unlocking cycle only. The next time the door can only be unlocked via the remote control or the lock cylinder. The next time the door is locked/unlocked normally, Keyless Access will be active again.

#17 ·
RH07 said:
How do you disable the Kessy as mentioned above. having only had the car a week ,only drive, get out lock and go indoors.
Is your car new? See the other thread about this - they fob should shut down when it's not being moved.

#19 ·
Thanks for the info. The car is only two weeks old (Brand New) You hear so many scare stories of keys and cars being accessed via radio waves etc.
So, exit the vehicle lock via the remote fob and touch the door handle, that secures the vehicle? An if the key is static ie in the home, its off (disabled) am I understanding correctly?

#20 ·
You can lock via the handle, then touch it again and Kessy is disabled for that locking sequence, unlock with Fob button press.

#21 ·
Until you get used to it do above, then just wait 10 seconds or so and then try to open it keylessly to check it won't unlock
I use back of hand against the little indentation on handle

#24 ·
Fred99 said:
Since my car is kept on my property behind a 6ft wall with heavy locked gates with video alarms connected to the police I'm not too bothered
Several people saying similar things. All well and good if you never drive your car anywhere, but for those who do take their cars away from home and outside their 6ft walls with heavy locked gates etc :lol:

#26 ·
When at home I have all car and house keys placed in a locked metal box secured to the kitchen wall. A lot of cars are stolen from night burglaries. The vermin load your car with stuff and have an easy getaway. During the day i never use the remote fob to open or lock. I just touch the door handle. The bottom line is, if the theiving vermine really want to steal your car it will be very difficult to prevent.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.