Carista is excellent product for making OBD changes

All Seat Ateca related discussions
ChillCupra

Carista is excellent product for making OBD changes

Post by ChillCupra » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Just got this little gadget and it allows you to customise all the OBD options. Great and easy to use.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00YVH ... op?ie=UTF8

silent ninja

Re: Carista is excellent product for making OBD changes

Post by silent ninja » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:15 am

Can you expand on what this let's you do on the Ateca? Can this void warranty?

Have you managed to get dipped mirrors when reversing?

handyman

Post by handyman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:28 am

Think that dongle won't allow you to change long coding. Just another expensive elm that can do few tricks.
Samoa Power 8-)

ChillCupra

Post by ChillCupra » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:48 am

You can change most things. And it’s £15 so not expensive.

Ste

Post by Ste » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:12 pm

Had mine delivered today, what a good piece of kit. Yes it’s possible to dip the passenger mirror,IMO the best feature.
I’ve changed 1 press lock folds mirrors, chirp when locking, fan speed shown on auto, front fog lights illuminate at night when locked and as mentioned passenger wing mirror dip in reverse. Very easy to use and took about 15 min to do the above.

Goldstones2

Post by Goldstones2 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:08 am

I’m guessing this is really a love it or hate it product. I don’t like dipping mirrors on reverse (especially as I have top view camera) and I can’t understand why you need to see the fan speed on auto. I looked at the full list of changes it can make and I honestly couldn’t find one that I wanted. Although I’m sure that if you do want a few it’s a good value product. But as has been said it will not do long coding, for example to turn on TSR.

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:49 am

Dipped reverse mirrors and folding mirrors upon locking sound like useful features to me.

Glendia

Post by Glendia » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Got mine today, took just a few minutes to plug in and set up on phone. Have used it to set mirrors to fold on one click lock (can't stand the tedious 5+ second wait as you stand there with your thumb clamped down on the key fob)

One point of note
If you buy this from Amazon, their website has a car compatability checker and I have to say if you use the Amazon app, it will tell you this box of tricks will not support your car (ateca) and will point you in the direction of other ODB2 readers.

Conversely if you check on the Carista website it will state that the device is compatible with the SEAT Ateca.

Amazon are wrong, Carista is right, their reader works fine with the SEAT Ateca.
Seat Ateca Excellence 1.4 DSG with all the toys

Silvertouran

Post by Silvertouran » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:33 pm

A guy at work did a few things to my car with this.
1. Needle sweep on startup
2. How many litres of fuel to refill to max
3. Single click to fold mirrors in.
4. Changed logo on infotainment on startup
5. Mirror dip on reverse didn’t work very well so removed it.
6. Main and fogs on when coming home lights are functioning. Just flash full beam before opening door.

JonC

Post by JonC » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:47 am

I bought one of these after seeing it mentioned on another thread. So far I’ve just enabled to fold in mirrors on a single click, but that’s worth the £15 cost alone for me... I have keyless entry, so unless I fished the keys out of my pocket every time I got out of the car, I had to stand next to & hold my finger over the sensor on the handle for 4 or 5 seconds to get the mirrors to turn in. Not great in rain or on a busy road.

Carista works great & is really simple to use. I found a video on YouTube of a guy showing how to use it on his Leon, so you can get a good idea of how it’ll work on the Ateca...

There’s an ongoing charge to use the app. You can either pay £8.99 per month or £33 per year. If you take the yearly subscription you get a month free trial, so you can cancel immediately, get your 1 month use & not pay a thing. However, I think, if you do this you then can’t sign back up at a later date for the cheaper per month subscription... you only get the yearly rate to renew on. This is on IOS, not sure if android is similar.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”