Seat Customer Care

All Seat Ateca related discussions
ghdarwen

Seat Customer Care

Post by ghdarwen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:33 pm

I was trying to find out how many updates for the sat nav they release in the year. As I was on the map up date page I used the contact them link. It was simple question how often and when. I even told them I had updated the map.

They replied

We thank you for your e-mail directed to SEAT.com (International Webpage).
Taking into account that your vehicle is not equipped with MapCare, we suggest you to visit an Authorised Service so they can inform you of the steps to follow in case you wish to update your maps through an SD card. You can find their contact details in the following link:
http://www.seat.co.uk/car-dealers-locator.html
In case you need further assistance, you can also contact the Customer Care service of SEAT UK, responsible for sales and aftersales matters in your country:

SEAT UK
Delaware Drive
Blakelands - Milton Keynes
MK 14 5AN
United Kingdom

www.seat.co.uk
talkto@seatcars.co.uk
National: 0808 5 222 222
International Calls: +44 (0)808 5 222 222

Yours sincerely,

International Customer Care, SEAT S.A.

Obviously I offended them as I did not go to UK site needless to say I replied in kind.

I am now waiting for Seat UK to contact me and will let you know what transpires. Makes you feel valued.
Ateca XCELLENCE Lux 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS 6-speed manual Rhodium Grey Jan 2019, added spare wheel after arrival.

Bedlam

Re: Seat Customer Care

Post by Bedlam » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm

They are updated every six months, usually June/July and December/January
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

ghdarwen

Post by ghdarwen » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Well here is the reply I got.

Thank you for your recent contact in relation to obtaining a mapping update for your satellite navigation unit.
I have spoken with my support team who have advised me an update is usually available once a year, If you would like to see the version your vehicle is on you can check on the vehicle systems however with your vehicle showing as model year 2019 it will have the most recent and up to date version.
If you would like to speak to your nearest Retailer to discuss this as well you can find the details below;
https://www.seat.co.uk/car-dealers-locator.html
If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Thank you for contacting SEAT UK

Kind regards

Mohammed Arfan
Customer Relations Advisor
SEAT UK

Interesting and disappointing response. I am now full of confidence.

As ever thanks Bedlam you seem to know more than Seat Customer Service UK
Ateca XCELLENCE Lux 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS 6-speed manual Rhodium Grey Jan 2019, added spare wheel after arrival.

ghdarwen

Post by ghdarwen » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Further responses to me pushing Seat UK for information from their replies.

'Unfortunately we do not follow the online forums and we always advise visiting the website details below for SEAT UK not a .com website regrading UK vehicles.

In order for me to answer your query definitively I would advise to search in the navigation system settings to confirm what navigation version installed form data unit, then I can follow up to see if this is the latest version installed.'

So I sent the information.

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the mapping software version for your SEAT ATECCA XCELLENCE

'Regrettably, I am unable to answer your query directly as all part enquires and quotations are handled by our Dealerships.

Should you wish to obtain part information please contact your local SEAT Dealership with your vehicle‘s chassis number, where one of our highly trained Parts Advisors will be happy to assist you. Your Dealership‘s Parts Department will also be able to advise if the vehicle has the latest version for when the vehicle was manufactured at the time and if there are any further versions currently available or if it is on the latest software for your maps.'

So to summarize
Seat UK has no mapping updates, maybe once a year and you have to see a dealership for it as you need a part number and by implication pay for it. How ridiculous a reply when I just told them I had updated it. I only asked how often! Can't even spell the cars name right.

This is the second attempt at getting a straight answer from them, previously it was about the lack of TSR on this model to which they replied to confirm I had not got it! Fully aware I was which was why I was asking!! (Was asking about OBDEleven on initialising it and warranty.)

So customer care is a total waste of time. Good luck everyone.

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:40 pm

ghdarwen wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm
So customer care is a total waste of time.
I have to say that while every manufacturer customer care I've dealt with has been pretty useless, SEAT take it to a new level. I love the way they refer you back to the dealer. Ours hardly ever answers the phone, and when you speak to someone they're clueless.

We recently had an issue with our Honda and I was confident Honda would agree with me and sort it out, as they had with a similar issue at a different dealer in the past. Nope. When I said I was unhappy with their answer they told me to call The Motor Ombudsman! That's Honda off our list.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”