Updating Sat Nav system

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Max2090

Re: Updating Sat Nav system

Post by Max2090 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:28 pm

Just worked this out...
You can't do it if you use a Chromebook.
So called technology!
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

h89sa

Post by h89sa » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Hey guys, help please!!!

I downloaded maps for my Ateca an hour ago and I was dumb enough and clicked on format SD card before doing backup of old maps. Now everything is gone. Can anyone please share their overall.nds file as now all I get is "navigation database not available". :oops: :oops:

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:51 am

There's lots on here about this, but inshort you're out of luck

Each overall.nds is matched to the SD card it came with (we believe the file contains the serial number of the SD card hidden somewhere), so noone else's overall.nds will work on your SD card - you'll need a replacement SEAT SD card (which will have it's own overall.nds) either new of secondhand and upgrade
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

h89sa

Post by h89sa » Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:46 am

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:51 am
There's lots on here about this, but inshort you're out of luck

Each overall.nds is matched to the SD card it came with (we believe the file contains the serial number of the SD card hidden somewhere), so noone else's overall.nds will work on your SD card - you'll need a replacement SEAT SD card (which will have it's own overall.nds) either new of secondhand and upgrade
Oh my... :shock:

I got overall.nds from a forum member and I'll try it tonight. I've found few topics with similar case to mine and overall.nds file helped them, so I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:41 am

yes will be very interesting to see if someone elses file works on your SD card - we await your results - fingers crossed for you
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

h89sa

Post by h89sa » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:01 am

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:41 am
yes will be very interesting to see if someone elses file works on your SD card - we await your results - fingers crossed for you
It didn't work... 😔

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:43 am

sorry to hear, but it does fit our understanding of how it works

You might be able to find a SEAT card on EBay or similar - doesn't matter if its an old version as you can upgrade once you have the SD card with its match overall.nds (Saving it first of course)

NeilW

Post by NeilW » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:28 pm

Just given this a go myself as I had some time on my hands. Downloaded the full Europe map as that seemed a better match for what I had - looking at the original case from when I got my car almost four years ago, it lists most countries in Europe, but is labelled Europe 1 (V4). It just about squeezed onto the original 16GB card,
The process seemed quite straightforward thanks to the instructions on this thread, it's just time consuming as the download took the better part of an hour, although that gave me ample time to copy and remove files from the SD card. I did try opening the OVERALL.NDS file, but couldn't make sense of it.
Getting the files onto the card took around 45 minutes, although early on it was quoting over ten hours due to starting with lots of small files, While I know the system is shared between VW, Skoda and SEAT, it was slightly surprising to watch folders for each going onto the card given the card and packaging are branded SEAT.

I went from 0730 to 1310 but if I'd taken the basic Europe 1 option I'd have gone to 1410 - perhaps 1410 with the full maps would have gone over the capacity of the card. Most of the time I drive roads I know, and often use Android Auto when I don't, so for me this is more about when I trade in the car, having a recent update will look better than having the original version.
1.4 Excellence in Rodium Grey with mud flaps. Collected 21st Jan 2017.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:57 pm

I gave up on SEAT nav system. I just use Google maps or Apple maps using CarPlay. I can’t see any point in using the SEAT system even though I get free updates via Mapcare as I live in Spain.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.