Re: It is built

Post by Furion » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:34 pm

vectra wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:20 am
Car is registered,
Collecting it today, exciting times.
How is it ... ?
Furion
Ordered 27/06 : Build Completed WK40, Collected 1st Nov 19.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic. MY20
Gone but not forgotten : Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 2011

vectra

Post by vectra » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

Furion wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:34 pm

How is it ... ?
Heaven 8-)
I was a bit nervous I would miss the comfort of the Mondeo, but I am very surprised at how quickly I have settled into the Ateca,
Again, moving from diesel to petrol is a big "WOW ! This is damn quiet" moment .
I will say road noise is up compared to the mondeo, but can only expect that.
As for power, I haven't done any long trips yet, Most was around 30 mile trip and back last Saturday just to get a feel for it,
I can't feel any real difference , Plenty of pulling power in the 1.5 and along with the dsg. It is just a pleasure.
My wife even commented at how well it corners, Her words were " I often felt we were going to head into the ditch in the mondeo, and this one just zooms round the corners" :lol:

So far,
about 100km trip ( the one mentioned above )
and close on another 90km stop start it is averaging 42mpg on the display.

As for the LED headlights?
I paid €1250 for the adaptive lights on the Mondeo as I was told the standard ones were worse than crap.
I honestly feel these ones are much better at lighting up the road.

Haven't tried much else yet such as adaptive cruise etc.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Furion

Post by Furion » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:54 pm

vectra wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

November seems so far away...... 😩

On the test drive I played with ACC. I found, on the motorway slow lane approaching my exit had slowed down to 60mph and holding, the car started to slow down because the car in the middle lane was doing slightly less than 60mph and varying speed, my test car wouldn't overtake (technically undertake) the car in the middle lane.

I think there are a few quirks with these systems one has to get used to.
Furion
Ordered 27/06 : Build Completed WK40, Collected 1st Nov 19.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic. MY20
Gone but not forgotten : Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 2011

vectra

Post by vectra » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:35 pm

Furion wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:54 pm
vectra wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 pm

November seems so far away...... 😩

On the test drive I played with ACC. I found, on the motorway slow lane approaching my exit had slowed down to 60mph and holding, the car started to slow down because the car in the middle lane was doing slightly less than 60mph and varying speed, my test car wouldn't overtake (technically undertake) the car in the middle lane.

I think there are a few quirks with these systems one has to get used to.
Yes,
I had acc in my previous Passat which I loved, as far as I am aware that undertaking issue can be de activated.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:48 pm

It just shows how amazingly clever these ACC systems are! For example, did you know that if you are slowed down by a slow car in front, if you indicate to overtake it will ignore the car in front and allow a clean overtake. If you don’t indicate it will wait until you are well into the new lane and has a clear sight of the road ahead before accelerating.

With a DSG box it gets even more clever in very slow traffic and even stops and starts. It doesn’t seem to matter whether you have traffic jam assist switched on or not.

It an amazingly well thought out piece of technology.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”