First Impressions

All Seat Ateca related discussions
sigma501

First Impressions

Post by sigma501 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:08 am

Collected my new Seat Ateca 2.0 Tsi DSg 4Drive on Monday and yesterday completed our first long(ish) drive of 115 miles each way from Cornwall to Somerset on a shopping trip. Thought I would say what I thought went really well and what I still cannot for the life of me fathom out.

MPG - For a car which only has 12 miles on the clock, I thought that the 40.8 mpg was very respectable considering I sat at 70 mph for the majority of the drive and there were 4 adults sat in the car. I am sure that as the engine wears in, that this will start to rise over the coming months.

ACC - I was very, very impressed with the ACC. There were a couple of stretches on the M5 were we were caught in traffic jams and very slow moving traffic. The ACC coupled with the DSG gearbox was very happy to slow down to match the speed of the car in, coming to a complete stop when traffic dictated and all I had to do was pull back on the ACC stalk to start moving again when required. I personally find driving in traffic jams to be mentally draining and tiring,; however, using the Seat ACC system I arrived at my destination fresh and less stressed.

BSD - Initially this started out working well, notifying me that I had traffic in my blind spot and advising when it was safe to overtake; however, towards the end of the journey the BSD light on the drivers side was consistently flashing when there was no traffic and I will need to check if there is dirt on the sensor (when I can find it).

Alexa - We are heavy users of Alexa at home and one of the contributing reasons for choosing Ateca over 3008 was that we could use Alexa in the car to stream our music and answer the plethora of questions which come to ind when I am driving and the mind starts to wander. I have followed the instructions to the letter regarding connecting to WLAN but am unable to use the Seat App for Alexa. Has anyone managed to do this yet?

Cup Holders - There is much more space than in our Renault Zoe; however, you cannot place 2 cups from McDonalds / Costa / Starbucks in the front at the same time as the cup holders are too narrow. You can fit two water bottles at the same time so maybe I will have to drop my caffeine input and drink more healthily.

All in all I am impressed with the Seat Ateca to date and would recommend it to my friends and family (in addition to people that I actually like).
Seat Ateca 2.0TSi DSG 4Drive named Aston

silent ninja

Re: First Impressions

Post by silent ninja » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks for the impressions, although you've covered all the additional nice to have features :D
How is the drive, the comfort, the steering, passenger experience? Infotainment and sound system?

I get mine on Friday with a 160 mile drive home. I'll be surely testing the AC out in this weather!

boristhebold

Post by boristhebold » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:04 am

Mr Ninja, I hadn't replied to the OP as I seem to be the one out of touch with cars in 2019. I've no interest in traffic sign recognition, talking tech that switches lights on etc....so the drive...
I've had a 150tdi FR for 5 mths but haven't done too many miles, around 2000. That'll rise substantially now we've sold the family Ford Transit (House renovations complete)
We've gone from a Mini Cooper S and the Transit to one vehicle, the Ateca. It feels a sharper drive than it a small 'SUV' should, very impressive. The ride is firm but not harsh. 4 adults and luggage for 300 miles the other week was comfortable for all and none of us got out and needed a physio! Comfort was our primary concern as we'll drive 750 miles in one day about 8 times a year (To mid France and then back some time later) It ticks that box.
Economy wise, a comfortable 50-52mpg in normal driving with 58mpg when we were sat in slower moving traffic. (50 will be perfect having come from 3 years of 36mpg in the van and very similar in the Mini)
It's nice and quiet at motorway speeds.
Wifes requirement is that it can get Radio 2 so it ticks that box. I spent a couple of hours putting a lot of music onto an SD card and that is in the glovebox system. Easy to access and it sounds OK. (I've never spent extra on in car stereo systems)
I find the satnav poor. The quickest route choice is seldom the quickest and quite often I can take a 'wrong turn' and the satnav recalculates a quicker route...eh? Why not just calculate that in the first place!
My £80 garmin is better. This is infuriating.
The one piece of tech I'd have over and above most others is an inbuilt front and back camera system. Why manufacturers don't build them in I don't know. A pretty much instant proof of fault or 'what's gone on'. I'll get something sorted and installed as a £300 install could save me my no claims and several years of increased premiums.

Overall, hugely impressed with the Ateca. Got the FR because I preferred the interior to either the model below or above it.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 am

I'd have thought most folk with a petrol engine on here would be delighted at near 41mpg sitting mostly at 70mph. But when you say your engine is brand new :o ...had 4 people :o :o ...that it's the 2.0tsi :o :o :o ... that it's DSG :shock: ...and it has 4wd :shock: :shock: :shock:

The very best I hope to get from my 2 year old, 18k mile 1.4tsi 2wd manual driving like Ms Daisy on A-roads is around 50mpg. Driving with one passenger at 70mph I'd be looking at low 40's. The mpg you're seeing sounds amazing.

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:27 am

Yes very good mpg.
Mines same and I get 40mpg on very rare occasions on long runs of around 55-60, more usually its 32-36 for day to day trips
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Mr-M

Post by Mr-M » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am

I agree with BorisTheBold about the inbuilt SatNav ...... its not very good and I much prefer my trusty TomTom which gets live traffic updates.
Steve
Ateca 2.0Tdi DSG Xcellence Lux Rhodium Grey

ChillCupra

Post by ChillCupra » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:41 am

Mr-M wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am
I agree with BorisTheBold about the inbuilt SatNav ...... its not very good and I much prefer my trusty TomTom which gets live traffic updates.

Use Waze on CarPlay or android auto. No need to ever use the built in nav.

Techno

Post by Techno » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:19 am

Alexa - I managed to get Alexa to work but I never got it to automatically work each time I used the car so gave up on it.
I think that may be my phone settings. From memory the key was to connect as the driver when asked, which used the phone as a WiFi hotspot. I will have a look later to try to refine instructions on how to make it work.
”Becca” is a Rhodium Grey 2.0tsi 4drive DSG XCELLENCE Lux
Additional sunroof and spare wheel. TSR enabled by ODBeleven.
Ordered early December 18 collected 1/3/19

sigma501

Post by sigma501 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:13 pm

Techno wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:19 am
Alexa - I managed to get Alexa to work but I never got it to automatically work each time I used the car so gave up on it.
I think that may be my phone settings. From memory the key was to connect as the driver when asked, which used the phone as a WiFi hotspot. I will have a look later to try to refine instructions on how to make it work.
Thanks Techno, I have asked my dealer who is looking into it as well.
Seat Ateca 2.0TSi DSG 4Drive named Aston

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:34 pm

boristhebold wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:04 am
Mr Ninja, I hadn't replied to the OP as I seem to be the one out of touch with cars in 2019. I've no interest in traffic sign recognition, talking tech that switches lights on etc....so the drive...
I've had a 150tdi FR for 5 mths but haven't done too many miles, around 2000. That'll rise substantially now we've sold the family Ford Transit (House renovations complete)
We've gone from a Mini Cooper S and the Transit to one vehicle, the Ateca. It feels a sharper drive than it a small 'SUV' should, very impressive. The ride is firm but not harsh. 4 adults and luggage for 300 miles the other week was comfortable for all and none of us got out and needed a physio! Comfort was our primary concern as we'll drive 750 miles in one day about 8 times a year (To mid France and then back some time later) It ticks that box.
Economy wise, a comfortable 50-52mpg in normal driving with 58mpg when we were sat in slower moving traffic. (50 will be perfect having come from 3 years of 36mpg in the van and very similar in the Mini)
It's nice and quiet at motorway speeds.
Wifes requirement is that it can get Radio 2 so it ticks that box. I spent a couple of hours putting a lot of music onto an SD card and that is in the glovebox system. Easy to access and it sounds OK. (I've never spent extra on in car stereo systems)
I find the satnav poor. The quickest route choice is seldom the quickest and quite often I can take a 'wrong turn' and the satnav recalculates a quicker route...eh? Why not just calculate that in the first place!
My £80 garmin is better. This is infuriating.
The one piece of tech I'd have over and above most others is an inbuilt front and back camera system. Why manufacturers don't build them in I don't know. A pretty much instant proof of fault or 'what's gone on'. I'll get something sorted and installed as a £300 install could save me my no claims and several years of increased premiums.

Overall, hugely impressed with the Ateca. Got the FR because I preferred the interior to either the model below or above it.
Thanks for sharing.

I picked up my FR Sport yesterday. Pictures in the thread. So far, very happy.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3247

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”