MY20 Spec - Add what you know for sure here

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Furion

MY20 Spec - Add what you know for sure here

Post by Furion » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:52 pm

Starting this thread just so it’s easy to find MY20 U.K specs changes in one place.
Based on dealer confirmation or configurator, (Seat.co.uk), rather than press

I hope it’s helpful :oops:

Dealer confirmed Xcellence Lux now has electric Seat’s as standard fit
Configurator shows infotainment updated to all touch as fitted in Tarraco but I’ve only been able to see Xcellence Lux interior pics, the configurator isn’t loading pictures on my iPad, will try on a PC tomorrow and check other models.
FR models cannot order Black Magic, new colour added Crystal Black, configurator doesn’t even give you the option to order black magic,

If you don’t have a build date good chance your your car will be MY20 spec, factory order obviously.
My order was placed 27 Jun, no build date yet dealer confirmed car will MY20 build.
Furion
Ordered 27/06: MY20 : Build Date WK43, Expected Nov - Dec.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic.
Current: Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 MY11

nick052

Re: MY20 Spec - Add what you know for sure here

Post by nick052 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Frameless rear view mirror is the only 100% certainty I've had from my dealer (I'm week 34 build - FR in Black Magic - so will be MY20).

They said the infotainment wasn't changing on the FR as I already had "the bigger screen", but I am still thinking it's going to be the newer version. The pics on the configurator currently don't load unless you press the toggle switch at bottom right to switch to the 360 view; then it does show newer infotainment when it loads. Also different seats it seems (which I prefer) - microsuede and not alcantara.

Also pretty sure from the configurator that, as you say, the colour will become Crystal Black (anyone know the difference compared to Black Magic?!) but dealer never mentioned that either (nor had anything in their documentation about rear USB ports or "better trim finishes").

If we all get everything written in the press it will be a bonus I think. I even saw a rear-view camera being mentioned in an article as being added to the FR, but I was told a flat-out "no" when I asked. :-( So that could be the second certainty!

Furion

Post by Furion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:21 am

So had a poke around the configurator this morning.

All models show the new infotainment head unit, however the model may vary according to spec.

FR FR-Sport, Xcellence and Xcellence-Lux show a red logo on the speaker covers, which I would say addition of Beats Audio, the sound system upgrade was mentioned in another thread, at least I read it somewhere else too, good chance this is accurate

SE SE-Tech show Panoramic Sunroof, no cover blind

FR FR-Sport, Xcellence, Xcellence-Lux show panoramic sunroof with cover blind

Cannot see Digital Cockpit on any of the models, checked thru the equipment lists only multifunction display is mentioned

Electric drivers seat mentioned on FR-Sport but not on Xcellence-Lux, the dealer has confirmed in an email my Xcellence-Lux does have electric drivers seat.

I don't trust the configurator regarding info on electric drivers seat , Panoramic sunroof pics, Digital Cockpit deletion from FR-Sport and Xcellence Lux
Furion

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm

As the title says - Add what you know for sure.

Well I know for sure that any configurator or brochure will say somewhere " specs vary from country to country" or " Specs correct at time of going to press" or some other disclaimer. Pointless simply quoting what a config says because if they're not wrong, the information is ambiguous at best.

Only person who can say for sure is the dealerships and if they don't know...

Furion

Post by Furion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:15 pm

Golfmk56 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:25 pm
As the title says - Add what you know for sure.

Well I know for sure that any configurator or brochure will say somewhere " specs vary from country to country" or " Specs correct at time of going to press" or some other disclaimer. Pointless simply quoting what a config says because if they're not wrong, the information is ambiguous at best.

Only person who can say for sure is the dealerships and if they don't know...
You are absolutely right and I agree across all point, to add to cover page for the FRS and XL both list digital cockpit, so contradicting info.

I am meeting with the dealer on Sunday and have asked for a list of the changes, lets see what materialises .
Furion

haydenh

Post by haydenh » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 pm

what is MY20?

wondering If mine will be the MY20 spec? Ordered on 24/05/19

nick052

Post by nick052 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm

haydenh wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:05 pm
what is MY20?

Just means Model Year 2020. Officially that changed on 8th July when Seat announced a few changes for a few models.

However, as it goes on build date, you may find yours is 2020 spec. I ordered mine week after you and it’s being built week 34 and definitely 2020 version.

Dealer will be able to confirm straight away.

haydenh

Post by haydenh » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 pm

nick052 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm
haydenh wrote:
what is MY20?

Just means Model Year 2020. Officially that changed on 8th July when Seat announced a few changes for a few models.

However, as it goes on build date, you may find yours is 2020 spec. I ordered mine week after you and it’s being built week 34 and definitely 2020 version.

whats going to be different for the 2020 version?

nick052

Post by nick052 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:34 pm

haydenh wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 pm
nick052 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:26 pm
haydenh wrote:
what is MY20?

whats going to be different for the 2020 version?
That is the million dollar question and the purpose of this thread where people can confirm what they actually know.

As I said in a post above, the only 100% thing I know (as it came directly from the dealer) is the rear view mirror is becoming frameless.

Lots of rumour on other things, main one being updated infotainment. There’s lots of press articles on the internet.

dasalias

Post by dasalias » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:02 am

Best way is to wait for the first person on this forum to get a MY20, then they can tell us what it has different than the MY19 model. First one should arrive mid-August, assuming build week 27/28 was changeover week. My dealer has told me mine will be MY20 (build week 32), but he hasn’t told me what the changes are and I don’t think he knows himself.
Reflex Silver 1.4 TSI Xcellence, Driving Assistance Pack 2, Xcellence Pack, Double Floor, Front & Rear Mudflaps, Space Saver Spare.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”