Air conditioning service

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Katana

Air conditioning service

Post by Katana » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Just had a call from my Seat dealer wanting to book my Ateca in for an air conditioning service. They said this is service is reccomended after 2 years. Well, this is new to me. Air conditioning systems should be checked during normal annual servicing and should not require attention for many miles to come. Just another excuse to squeez even more cash from nieve customers. Anyone else had a similar call?

Den48

Re: Air conditioning service

Post by Den48 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi, had this request when I booked a a 2 year old vw in for a service, they said that it was recommended to have an air con service after 2 years, from memory they wanted £119 . Needless to say, I declined the offer, may be a VW group policy to help make up for the reduced price service plans that they sell.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 pm

A full service would be expensive as it may need regassing and there a few other things they do which add to the cost. However, after 2 years is just crazy. I use AC 100% of the time and my first Leon lasted for over 10 years with no problem. I had a Mitsubishi lose some gas after 10 years and that needed to be regassed.

As you have said, they are trying it on a basic check should be included in the normal service.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

TheGrey

Post by TheGrey » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am

From past experience I know they will check freon gas level (after 2 years you should have perfectly normal level even if you use AC daily) and refresh your car vents. Its £100+ rip off, clean and refresh your car with £5 AC/clean spray from Halfords
Ordered: Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG with Panoramic sunroof in Rhodium Grey

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”