Air conditioning service

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Katana

Air conditioning service

Post by Katana » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:29 pm

Just had a call from my Seat dealer wanting to book my Ateca in for an air conditioning service. They said this is service is reccomended after 2 years. Well, this is new to me. Air conditioning systems should be checked during normal annual servicing and should not require attention for many miles to come. Just another excuse to squeez even more cash from nieve customers. Anyone else had a similar call?

boristhebold

Re: Air conditioning service

Post by boristhebold » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:11 am

Not yet, but my car is only 10 mths old. It does seem they try so hard to squeeze more cash out of me that I turn to indie garages...not just Seat but Honda (motorcycles) etc etc.

Rory

Post by Rory » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:06 pm

It's a standard VAG thing - at three years I was told in a very serious voice that our Golf was "overdue its mandatory a/c service". I asked them to point out where in the service schedule it says the a/c should be serviced. It then changed to "it's a VW recommendation".
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Max2090

Post by Max2090 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:56 pm

The only thing that may need changing is the pollen filter.
For which they'll charge you the price of a 3 bedroom flat in Chelsea.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 pm

We have a Skoda Octavia mk2 too, 132k miles, 11 years old and the air con still blows cold and works 100%, however I do replace the pollen filter each year myself. But we always have it on all year round at 'Auto', temp as needed, keeping it on keeps the gas & fluid moving and not drying out.

Then about once a month I turn it Hi for a few mins and then back to Lo. This kills off the bugs and smells in air vents and move the gas around the system. All the advice about car air con's systems recommends keep on all time and this Hi/Low ever now and again, but on my own other car they are right!

My advice would be just say No to mr dealer and if stops getting cold/warm them get it re gassed, if you keep on running and follow advice above it should keep on working just fine.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

Max2090

Post by Max2090 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:40 pm

jamesiow wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:55 pm
We have a Skoda Octavia mk2 too, 132k miles, 11 years old and the air con still blows cold and works 100%, however I do replace the pollen filter each year myself. But we always have it on all year round at 'Auto', temp as needed, keeping it on keeps the gas & fluid moving and not drying out.

Then about once a month I turn it Hi for a few mins and then back to Lo. This kills off the bugs and smells in air vents and move the gas around the system. All the advice about car air con's systems recommends keep on all time and this Hi/Low ever now and again, but on my own other car they are right!

My advice would be just say No to mr dealer and if stops getting cold/warm them get it re gassed, if you keep on running and follow advice above it should keep on working just fine.
Exactly.
I used to run Saabs as they're my favorite cars.
None ever needed the AC doing and like you all I did was change the pollen filter yearly.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”