Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Ateca Sat Nav Maps

52K views 113 replies 33 participants last post by  Swift0tron 
G
#1 ·
Have just discovered that my March 2019 Built to Order ATECA XL, is supplied with SatNav software that is two years old, and that no updates are currently available.

Apparently an upgraded version was available to me at ordering, but not mentioned.

Can it be retro-fitted?

EM

#3 ·
Take the sd card out of the unit in the glove box, making sure the engine is off, as the version number is written on it.
Unfortunately Seat charge for updates unlike any other VW group car. They are only up to V7 at present whereas VW are up to V11!

#6 ·
Eric the good news is you can update, here is how:

1. Download the latest uk map - http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/DiscoverMedia2_EU_AS_1310_V11.7z and extract the data to a PC folder using 7Zip (Google this to download it)
2. On the infotainment go to settings, safely remove, sd1 card
3. Remove sd1 card from glove box slot
4. Long press on the on/off to reboot Infotainment a couple of times
5. Insert sd card in to laptop/PC
6. Copy and paste all contents to laptop/PC and retain the data forever as a Backup (preferably in two places/drives)
7. Format the SD card, keep it as fat32 and leave format settings as default in file explorer (don't forget to push the card lock mechanism to off)
8. Copy the new downloaded map version to the SD card
9. Replace /maps/EEC/EEC_WLD/OVERALL.NDS on the SD CARD with the one from the original SD card (See step 6 above)
10. Edit (using Notepad) the /maps/00/nds/dbinfo.txt file so that PartNumber4 correctly has my own part number in it, that is I replaced PartNumber4 from PartNumber4="5F...." to PartNumber4="6P0919866AF" In your case (it may differ for others, also it is only an optional step but I do it for completeness)
11. Using windows file explorer, eject the sd card and safely remove the sd card from the laptop/PC
12. Repeat Step 4 above
13. Insert the card into the card 1 slot in glove box whilst infotainment is off
14. Power on and go to navigation
15. Check version in infotainment

#10 ·
Thanks for the tip above Bedlam.
Did as explained ..... all steps apart from amending the txt file....don't know what that does.
Maps work and I now have the latest version.......at least I hope so....all seems to be working!
I've had my Ateca since last October and the sd card was v7.

#11 ·
In terms of updating Maps the SD Card Version Number is irrelevant......the post by Max2090 is mis-leading and un-informed (and not for the 1st time out of 200 plus posts since mid July 2019 or almost 6 per day, no one is that well informed on all topics)

#12 ·
Ateca_newbie said:
Thanks for the tip above Bedlam.
Did as explained ..... all steps apart from amending the txt file....don't know what that does.
Maps work and I now have the latest version.......at least I hope so....all seems to be working!
I've had my Ateca since last October and the sd card was v7.
Step 4 just lets you edit the part no, of your Navi Unit, I like to do this for peace of mind but is not required
If you open your original saved version of the .txt file you can see what this is
Then look in car at Sat Nav Version info

#13 ·
Bedlam said:
In terms of updating Maps the SD Card Version Number is irrelevant......the post by Max2090 is mis-leading and un-informed (and not for the 1st time out of 200 plus posts since mid July 2019 or almost 6 per day, no one is that well informed on all topics)
Who made you God and who says you're so well informed? I don't just copy and paste from the net.
As for un-informed I do my research and talk to the right people, Google is not always right.
The version of sat nav installed in the car on the sd card is relevant and correct, standard fitted sd cards are only up to V7 in the Seat whereas in other VW cars they are up to V11. If you read the original post it concerned the fact that his sat nav is 2 years out of date to which I replied as to the reason why, plain and simple.
Plus who cares how many posts I make, it's called a forum...not your personal blog.
Tried calling me out over the clock issue didn't you?, and you failed. You should try getting over yourself and go and polish your sandals and iron your socks. T@T!

#14 ·
Max2090 said:
Bedlam said:
Who made you God and who says you're so well informed? I don't just copy and paste from the net. I don't do religion, I don't copy and paste, I test what I may find from the net or find myself on forums not Google

As for un-informed I do my research and talk to the right people, Who do you consider to be the "right" people (examples please), did you consult them before ordering your Ateca? I note you are changing it for a Leon soon (very soon in fact), which is good as you will hopefully jog on from this forum Google is not always right.
The version of sat nav installed in the car on the sd card is relevant and correct, standard fitted sd cards are only up to V7 in the Seat whereas in other VW cars they are up to V11. So what, the map data can simply be updated as explained above If you read the original post it concerned the fact that his sat nav is 2 years out of date to which I replied as to the reason why, plain and simple. You did not offer a solution.....I did
Plus who cares how many posts I make, it's called a forum...not your personal blog. Agreed which is why I contain my posts to subjects I feel I can add value to......unlike you who appears to consider him/her self an informed expert on everything, no one is..............particularly not you, don't you realise there are many here who, on your "advice", could end up spending their hard earned cash at a dealer for something they could sort themselves
Tried calling me out over the clock issue didn't you?, and you failed. You should try getting over yourself and go and polish your sandals and iron your socks. T@T! There is need for uninformed personal comments either, 1. I don't wear sandals 2. If I did it would not be with socks, I am not German

#16 ·
Rob said:
Unacceptable language and personal attacks are not permitted on the forum. They will result in bans.
I joined as I was interested in sat nav updates.
From what I can see you banned the person who was being attacked not the attacker.
It seems to me the person going by the name is Bedlam was the trouble marker.
Wrong in my book but as a phycologist I can see the real faulty being that of the threatening Bedlam character.
Oh well it's your forum not mine.

#17 ·
Bedlam said:
This is the first post that started the trouble.
I presume you have a deal with this Bedlam character and he's getting away with it.
Just saying and thanks for the add.

#19 ·
@Pjhoworth your insinuations, conclusions and accusations are totally unfounded and way out of order.
No doubt you will follow my guide to SatNav update anyway, so you got what you came for

#21 ·
Bedlam said:
@Pjhoworth your insinuations, conclusions and accusations are totally unfounded and way out of order.
No doubt you will follow my guide to SatNav update anyway, so you got what you came for
As I said in my post to the owner I was commenting as a psychologist. I've read all the comments and stick by my first quote. You do seem rather argumentative though and rude.
I've read your report on the satnav but after talking to my salesman I'm going to pay for the ongoing updates package as I'm told messing about with it can ruin your warranty plus to quote the salesperson it's rather a daft thing to do as it may cause serious issues if not done correctly and isn't authorised by the VAG group.
I therefore didn't get what I came for but did read some interesting points and will enjoy reading other threads and commenting at my own pace.
Thank you anyway.

#23 ·
One member banned over breaking the rules against another member
suddenly a *new* member arrives and has a go at the same member!!

The mind boggles :? :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

#24 ·
Rob said:
Can this end now please?
As far as I'm concerned I've only made an observation and backed it up. I have been polite and professional in my replies though.
But yes I agree with you and apologise if I have in any way caused any distress. Unfortunately it's an occupational hazard as I tend to read into what people have said and analysis takes over.
I shall refrain from interacting with certain folk from now on mainly because there's no point but secondly to keep things happy.
Great forum by the way.

G
#25 ·
I have tried Bedlam's update above, following the very clearly set out instructions to the letter, (with the exception of Line 10 - leaving it as 6P0919866BA) but on re-insertion just get the message that the Navigation data is unavailable.

FYI the 'Overall.NDG' file is 16Kb.
The Download file 'DiscoverMedia2_EU1_1310_V11.7z@ (which was terribly slow - at about 2Mb/s) appears to be Version 1310, which I think is the most recent, and was 6,041,110KB

Any ideas?

EM

G
#26 ·
by EricM » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:38 pm
I have tried Bedlam's update above, following the very clearly set out instructions to the letter, (with the exception of Line 10 - leaving it as 6P0919866BA) but on re-insertion just get the message that the Navigation data is unavailable.

FYI the 'Overall.NDG' file is 16Kb.
The Download file 'DiscoverMedia2_EU1_1310_V11.7z@ (which was terribly slow - at about 2Mb/s) appears to be Version 1310, which I think is the most recent, and was 6,041,110KB

Any ideas?

EM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.