2020 model year Ateca - anyone got one yet?

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Yanhow1

Re: 2020 model year Ateca - anyone got one yet?

Post by Yanhow1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:01 pm

AtecaChris wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:45 pm
Yanhow1 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:34 pm
AtecaChris wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:14 pm
To add to what Furion has said, I rang Seat customer service earlier and they looked up my order number and confirmed the Xcellence Lux does still have the digital cockpit.

I also asked about traffic jam assist as on the day I ordered mine it was still on the website and the dealer also confirmed the Xlux did have it but I’ve been reading it’s no longer present.

I asked him to check and he came back and said yes it does have Front Assist, I gave up at that point as he didn’t even know what traffic jam assist was. I tried to explain but he couldn’t grasp it.
Isn’t that part of the advanced driving assist pack?
No, it's totally separate but it's made up from part of it. It uses Lane Assist and the Adaptive Cruise Control. What stops it being the TJA is the lane assist only works above a certain speed. With TJA it worked even in crawling traffic. You were able to just sit back and the car would stop and start as the traffic moves and it would keep you in the centre of the lane.
Are you sure it’s gone? That would be a real bummer if it has :cry:
Ordered 29/7, lava blue X lux 2.0TDI 150ps DSG 4Drive, b/w39.

Jay94444

Post by Jay94444 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:13 pm

AtecaChris wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:02 am
Jay94444 wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:12 am
That’s great guys, thanks for confirming! Now comes the long wait til delivery, dealer estimated January at the absolute latest so it looks like a few months trawling the forums envious of everybody else’s cars being delivered lol.

Thanks again for the info 🙂
Glad to be of help. Although this may make you feel worse lol, I’ve just heard mine been moved to weak 42 instead of week 44 so I should be looking 2nd week in Nov which is ideal as my handover date for the lease is 14th November.
Not too long to go then mate, very jealous! I’m already stalking the forums lol don’t know how I’m gonna make it til January! Lol

AtecaChris

Post by AtecaChris » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm

They confirmed it has.

What p*****d me off the most was the day I ordered the car it was showing as being fitted. I know they state specification is subject to change but if someone bought a £35k car solely for one feature they wouldn't be happy.

You can see a screen shot here:

https://i.imgur.com/RBgmGkQ.png

The * was referring to the fact it only worked with DSG gearboxes.
Ordered Xcellence Lux 2.0 TSI DSG 4drive in Velvet Red (MY20). Ordered Aug 22nd 2019 (Wk 34). Build date 27th Oct (Wk 44). Waiting for confirmation of delivery date but been told 3rd week Nov :shock:

Yanhow1

Post by Yanhow1 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:08 pm

AtecaChris wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:14 pm
They confirmed it has.

What p*****d me off the most was the day I ordered the car it was showing as being fitted. I know they state specification is subject to change but if someone bought a £35k car solely for one feature they wouldn't be happy.

You can see a screen shot here:

https://i.imgur.com/RBgmGkQ.png

The * was referring to the fact it only worked with DSG gearboxes.
I can’t see why they would remove it as the hardware is all there, it needs Lane assist and adaptive cruise control,
It’s just software after that,
I’d understand removing features if it was saving on hardware costs but this one isn’t,
Ordered 29/7, lava blue X lux 2.0TDI 150ps DSG 4Drive, b/w39.

AtecaChris

Post by AtecaChris » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:28 pm

Exactly. I think there should be a way to re-enable it with obdeleven. I’ve ordered one ready for when my car arrives.
Ordered Xcellence Lux 2.0 TSI DSG 4drive in Velvet Red (MY20). Ordered Aug 22nd 2019 (Wk 34). Build date 27th Oct (Wk 44). Waiting for confirmation of delivery date but been told 3rd week Nov :shock:

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:07 pm

Frankly, it’s not a big deal. I have it but I don’t usually use lane assist unless I am on the motorway. If it is turned off and I am in slow moving traffic (thankfully rare here in Spain) I don’t need any help staying in the (usually straight) lane. The ACC works fine right down to a stop.

It’s an over-rated feature in my opinion, 99% of the job is done by the ACC and DSG. The way it has been described by SEAT suggests that if you don’t have TJA you can’t use ACC in a traffic jam - you can and it works brilliantly. It’s not perfect as it requires a prod on the throttle to get you going again unless you have only been stopped for a few seconds but that’s not a hardship.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”