SD Card Satnav Blunder

All Seat Ateca related discussions
coolnikhit28

SD Card Satnav Blunder

Post by coolnikhit28 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:59 am

Hi all,

So a few months ago, my old laptop managed to corrupt my original Seat SD card ironically whilst I was trying to back it up so that I could then update it. Naturally dejected as it wiped my original OVERALL.NDS file. I have since got a new laptop and inserted the SD card into it and confirming my horror, the card was semi-wiped by my old laptop including the important "Overall" file. So I went ahead and thought, let me just completely format it properly on my new laptop.

After this I thought well what have I got to lost I've lost my OVERALL file anyway...so I downloaded 1310 update. Inserted into my car, and the dreaded "Navigation Database Not Available" error came up.

Is there ANYTHING I can do as a workaround as I don't have my overall.nds file? Of course I guess I could pay Seat and get a new SD card put in and then update it myself, this time with a new laptop that will back it up properly before I start. But I would rather not pay Seat if I could avoid itand my local dealer is a bit of a dud, I have called twice about a new SD card, they've said they'll find out and call me back but to no avail...!

Any means to resurrect, solve things would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nik

lea1965

Re: SD Card Satnav Blunder

Post by lea1965 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:35 am

Have you tried to recover the SD card plenty of software on the net to recover them
Ateca SE Tech 16TDI DSG Lava Blue

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:59 am

As lea1965 says, Data Recovery is the way forward, but recover the data to another card/drive, not the original. Only once data has been successfully recovered, then the data can be copied back to the original. Don't do anything else with the card until you run data recovery on it and don't forget to do a "safe removal" before ejecting the card after any changes... that's one poss cause of corruption.

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:39 pm

Hi both. I have tried recovery a few times with different paid software, to no avail sadly. The SD card is working but just as an SD card, so I can use it for my own storage use if I fancy so it’s not completely broken/corrupt in that sense. It does have the new update in it and when inserted into the vehicle it does say map data present but then says navigation data not available. I presume and put this down to the issue of not having repacked the original OVERALL.NDS file.

So in this scenario now what can I do now that data recovery is basically out the window too? Lol

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:26 pm

What version was in your car before you tried for 1310 i.e. the version supplied on the SD card originally
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:52 pm

0866 was the original version number I believe and it says V4” on the SD card. On the SD card box it says “6P0.919.866.M”

I hope this helps find a solution. Thanks.

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:05 pm

I suspect you need an OVERALL.NDS for that same original version unless they're more tightly locked to the car. I'm sure Bedlam will be back with his thinking soon :)

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm

I think you'll find the OVERALL.NDS is locked to the serial number of the SD card it came on, this is to stop it being copied as another card wouldn't have that serial number.
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Chosan

Post by Chosan » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:36 pm

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm
I think you'll find the OVERALL.NDS is locked to the serial number of the SD card it came on, this is to stop it being copied as another card wouldn't have that serial number.
I don't think so. I bought a Seat card out of Ebay. Copied the latest software from VW and the Overall.NDS from my old card and it works 100%.
Ateca MY19 Nevada white excellence Lux 1.5 TSI EVO 150 PS DSG

coolnikhit28

Post by coolnikhit28 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:43 pm

So any alternatives/options for me here (without paying loads to the stealership?) Lol

Return to “Main Seat Ateca chat”