Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Side step running boards

6K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Furion 
#1 ·
Hi there,
Has anyone added these to their Ateca ? ( not the very expensive Seat accessory ones ) thinking more like the much cheaper Ebay ones.
Thanks

#3 ·
I agree with Fred99. They look awful and are totally pointless on a car like the Ateca. You can't use them for what they are usually intended for on a high riding off-roader and, from the ones I've seen, could even reduce ground clearance.

#6 ·
I think they look great and would have chosen them, had they been an option.

#8 ·
Corvus said:
This is not a Seat option but a aftermarked... I'm shure its 3.4.5.... different optins that would fit....
Yes they are aftermarket and half the price £250 fitted

Lowering the car is not an option as it's a lease

#10 ·
I cannot see how they make it easier to get in the car. You cannot step up into the car, the normal entry if you have mobility problems is to lower yourself, bum first, into the car and swing your legs in.

If you like the look of them, fine, but I cannot see any functional benefit.

#12 ·
Fred99 said:
I cannot see how they make it easier to get in the car. You cannot step up into the car, the normal entry if you have mobility problems is to lower yourself, bum first, into the car and swing your legs in.

If you like the look of them, fine, but I cannot see any functional benefit.
That's because you don't have the medical condition that I have, I sincerely hope you never do.

The steps work for me that's what matters, regardless of if they look hideous :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.