Petrol Consumption

All Seat Ateca related discussions
snowdon@msn.com

Petrol Consumption

Post by snowdon@msn.com » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:50 am

:D
I have just bested my previous best of 54.9 m.p.g. with this 57.5 m.p.g. yesterday. I am ever so pleased.

Ateca Fuel Consumption.jpg

KerryB

Re: Petrol Consumption

Post by KerryB » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:26 am

Which engine/gearbox is this for? Looks pretty impressive for petrol; you must be an economical driver.

Curiosity must be satisfied... :)

I'm averaging a little over 40mpg at the moment (in and out of Belfast, a roughly 20-30 mile round trip with hilly stretches and town traffic) on my brand new 2.0 Tdi DSG 4Drive, and it's good to see the figures gradually improving as the car gets a few more miles under its belt. On a motorway drive, I get upper 40s.
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 (week 29) with an estimated 4 month delivery date. Update: Built Week 40; estimated ready for collection from dealer by 18/10 (week 42), i.e. 12 weeks from ordering.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Give the red line on the rev counter is at 6000rpm. there's a 'P' displayed on screen and the car has covered just over 4k miles, I'll take a stab at 1.5tsi DSG. :?:

vectra

Post by vectra » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Bloody hell :shock:
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

boristhebold

Post by boristhebold » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Great economy but some context would be good. It obviously isn't stop start in a city, or a hilly route in Cumbria. I once got 84 mpg on a journey in a 1.4 Yaris diesel...but normal service was resumed when traffic lights and traffic came into the equation...then it plummeted to its usual 60

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:35 pm

These figures are meaningless. If you drive at 30 mph in Eco mode it is entirely possible, but it is not representative of real world consumption. Also the on board computer suffers from the fact that the speedometer is inaccurate by at least 5%.

I have achieved well over 100 mpg using eco mode and coasting. What does that prove? What is your long term consumption? That would be more relevant to actual consumption.

Just enjoy the car, stop using Granny mode and drive the car the way it was intended to be driven.

If you are paranoid about economy, buy an EV.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

snowdon@msn.com

Post by snowdon@msn.com » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm

I drive a 1.5 Tsi DSG. I am disabled, so do drive carefully, but not in "granny" mode. The trip was from Redditch up to Sutton Coldfield, east to Coventry and then back home. It was a mixture of urban, rural and motorway. The figure included two trips to London and back and three trips to Straford-upon-Avon. The mileage was just over 1K for the reading. I usually reset the tripometer every 1000 miles.
I do not generally exceed 60 m.p.h. I am light on the accelerator pedal, so believe that I do, perhaps, on occasion, fall into eco driver style, but am not obsessive about economy. The car is economical and that, given its classification as a SUV is most welcome. A permanent fixture in the car is my wife (about 80 k.g) and a mobility scooter (110 kg.), I am a heavy-weight (130kg), so the car has a normal family loading so to speak. I had a Ford Kuga before the Ateca and usually achieved 42 m.p.g. in that.
I congratulate Fred99 on getting 100 m.p.g., a remarkable figure.

elevenses

Post by elevenses » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:35 pm

None of the Ateca's are that economical. While I feel you're more than welcome to post anything you like with regard to your fuel consumption, its probably a bit pointless!?

My annual average with regard to my previous Mercedes CLA160 (petrol) Seat Mii by Mango 75 (petrol) Skoda Yeti 1.6TDi Greenline and Seat Arona 1.0TSi 115 were all within 1mpg of 50mpg.

The Ateca 2.0 4Drive 190ps average is 39mpg. This all sounds about right considering the lardy weight and power/transmission, but not impressive...
2016 2.0TDi Xcellence 4drive 190 in metallic White with lots of toys...

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:20 pm

snowdon@msn.com wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:00 pm
I drive a 1.5 Tsi DSG. The trip was from Redditch up to Sutton Coldfield, east to Coventry and then back home. It was a mixture of urban, rural and motorway. The figure included two trips to London and back and three trips to Straford-upon-Avon. The mileage was just over 1K for the reading. I usually reset the tripometer every 1000 miles.
Perhaps there's some confusion here because the picture you have posted is not the average MPG of the journeys you state. If you look at the picture it says "Since Start" i.e. that figure is from the start of your current journey.

"Since refuel" is since you last filled up at the petrol station and

"long term" is since you last reset the average mpg.

You need to post the "long term" figure from the infortainment screen as this will also state how many miles the average was calculated from. Just press the wheel on the right side of your steering wheel a few times to cycle thru to the 'long term'. ( Or you can select 'long term' direct from the infortainment ).

PS - no need to congratulate Fred99 on his 100mpg figure, we can all do it. Just reset the average mpg system, set the display to show "since start" as you have done, drive downhill for a short distance then take a photo of the average mpg "since start". As others have alluded to, it's a pointless excercise.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:19 pm

Actually when I tried that economy experiment, it was actually nearer 140 mpg. It wasn’t a short distance, actually it was about 30 miles, but there are some very long downhill motorway stretches because of the mountains. It does just point out the pointlessness of quoting mpg figures as the driving style and road circumstances are so different.

The deliberate built in inaccuracy of the speedometer etc also creates a false result.

Snowden’s driving did not exceed 60mph. It is well reported that the petrol 1.5 engine drinks fuel once you exceed this speed. I agree with that from personal experience. Most of my driving is on empty motorways at a cruising speed of over 80mph. My long term average, from tank to tank rather than from the MFD is about 32mpg. If I drive slowly, 40 - 60 mph on the coastal roads I can easily record over 50mpg on the MFD without resorting to Eco mode (which I have found makes little difference to the mpg and ruins the driving experience).

Everyone has different expectations and everyone has a different driving style. I couldn’t care less about the cost of fuel and I tend to drive as fast as I can get away with, but I do a low mileage and fuel is cheaper here in Spain. The very last thing I want to do is limit my enjoyment of driving a wonderful car by trying to achieve good economy figures. If I want to do that I will drive my wife’s VW Up!

But, of course, everyone is different and it would be a sad world if we weren’t.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.