Fuel flap latch

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Twed701

Re: Fuel flap latch

Post by Twed701 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:54 am

thecokanee wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:27 am
it can without doubt be frustrating prodding around in the dark hoping to find the magical sweet spot and open the door to what pleasure awaits. the smug look when achieved 1st time must be worth standing a little taller and taking the admiration from onlookers, for they don't know how well that sweet spot is hidden on these little beauties. a game we all have to play but one we men are used to I'm afraid. perhaps you ladies will be more understanding in the future for that sweetspot can be a tricky little buggar.
well put :lol: :lol: :lol:

stepdey

Post by stepdey » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:38 am

Also had mine replaced a few weeks ago, took the dealer about 15 minutes to do. Still seems a bit of a pain to find the correct pressure spot , though much better than previous.
2017 Ateca Xcellence 1.4 ECOTsi DSG. Nevada White, 19" Diamond Cut Alloys.

Smiffy

Post by Smiffy » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:05 am

Thanks for the resposes, guys, it's comforting to know I'm not alone. What I can't get over is that exactly this issue (and component, as far as I can see) was present on a 2013 Polo. Surely yhey have an ongoing improvement programme?

Longmoor

Post by Longmoor » Tue May 05, 2020 10:55 am

So pleased that I logged on this morning. I was wondering whether it was me rather than the car. I had the embarrassment of having to give up on a refuelling attempt as I could not get the flap open. I booked the car in for attention and was told that it was a known fault. A new part was fitted. Result: It is now awkward rather than impossible to open. My previous car was a Toledo which had the same flap press to open press to close system. It never caused me a single problem over three years; so what has gone wrong?