Overdue Service-COVID19

All Seat Ateca related discussions
RichardJ5

Overdue Service-COVID19

Post by RichardJ5 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:12 pm

Hi

Appreciate in the overall scheme of things this is trivial but am just asking.........

Service due today, was all booked in to ensure done in accordance with PCP and Seat guidelines, but due to COVID19- situation seat dealer shutdown and unable to complete, and unable to say when they will re open to be able to complete.

I am a key worker doing around 100 miles a day, so won’t be long until it’s well over the recommended interval for service.

Do you think they will overlook this and not penalise for not adhering to service schedule as per contract, additionally, do you think any damage will be done due not having the oil/brake fluid changed (they were both due), and could I be liable if anything happened and they traced back to not having these things done on time?

Enough to worry about at the moment, don’t need this headache as well.

Thanks for any advice.

Stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives

Richard

The Pielander

Re: Overdue Service-COVID19

Post by The Pielander » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:20 pm

I’m not sure which part of the country you are located but Listers Group dealerships are keeping their workshops open to service key workers cars.

https://listers.co.uk/coronavirus

Twed701

Post by Twed701 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:47 pm

independant garages may be able to carry out the work and keep up your warranty as long as they use genuine parts (keep the invoices).

RoyWolfey

Post by RoyWolfey » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:44 am

Also have local dealerships who’s service departments are available for Key Workers. Worth looking around.
I picked my new car up on 1st March. Shouldn’t think it’ll need a service for a while, and little chance of going over the 18k per year mileage limit on the PCP due to lockdown..
MY19 Ateca 2.0 TSI XCELLENCE Lux Petrol DSG 4Drive in Black Magic

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 am

If you had ur car booked in with SEAT and SEAT cancelled it and SEAT made no facilities available within reasonable distance of your home then I'm confused as to why anyone would think they'd be breaking any contract if the car wasn't serviced on time. It's just not going to happen.

Brake fluid: How old is the car and when was the fluid last changed?

Oil change: Check your oil level and top up if necessary.

Service intervals are guidelines. Yes they have to be adhered to for warranty purposes or if a finance company dictate it has to be done, but we've already established these are extraorinary times so flexibility will be taken into account. But as for the interval itself... Does anyone seriously believe that if you go over that interval their engine will be harmed in someway? The same service interval has to apply to an Ateca driven by Lewis Hamilton as it does to an Ateca driven by Ms Daisy. It has to account for an Ateca spending it's life being driven in Sheffield as it does to one spending it's life in Norwich or one spending it's life in London as it foes to one spending it's life in Lerwick.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Twed701

Post by Twed701 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:02 am

Golfmk56 wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 am
If you had ur car booked in with SEAT and SEAT cancelled it and SEAT made no facilities available within reasonable distance of your home then I'm confused as to why anyone would think they'd be breaking any contract if the car wasn't serviced on time. It's just not going to happen.

Brake fluid: How old is the car and when was the fluid last changed?

Oil change: Check your oil level and top up if necessary.

Service intervals are guidelines. Yes they have to be adhered to for warranty purposes or if a finance company dictate it has to be done, but we've already established these are extraorinary times so flexibility will be taken into account. But as for the interval itself... Does anyone seriously believe that if you go over that interval their engine will be harmed in someway? The same service interval has to apply to an Ateca driven by Lewis Hamilton as it does to an Ateca driven by Ms Daisy. It has to account for an Ateca spending it's life being driven in Sheffield as it does to one spending it's life in Norwich or one spending it's life in London as it foes to one spending it's life in Lerwick.

I wouldn't worry about it.
good post 8-)

PSC21

Post by PSC21 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:56 pm

On my 67 plate Tiguan I went 2k over as dealer couldnt get car in , panoramic roof lighting recall. They said it would be fine.
FRS Velvet Red. Collected 17/1/20 Replacing 2018 Tiguan SEL Bitdi 4motion DSG , Replaced 2017 Leon Cupra.