Extended Warranties

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Dsldude

Extended Warranties

Post by Dsldude » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm

Anyone been offered one near the end of the 3 years or is it something you have to buy at the start?.

Car will be 3 years in November may keep another year or so with what is going on, others going for
extended warranties?

Car has a fault with drivers door locking which I will get sorted as soon as we are back to normal.
but dont trust this car not to have something in the future compared to older less techie cars I had before it.
2017 1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence In Lava Blue, Options: Panoramic Roof, Virtual Pedal Boot, Double Boot Floor.

Rory

Re: Extended Warranties

Post by Rory » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:24 pm

I don't think you'll be offered anything - it's a bit hidden on the website but you have to go here: https://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-seat ... wners.html

I guess it'll be the same as on our Tiguan - you can't apply until a month before it's due.

There are 3rd parties warranties also available - I had Warranty Direct cover on my old Mercedes for quite a few years. One advantage is it coveres wear and tear which most others don't. I had an OK experience with them but many don't, and they've changed hands now and I gather that's not been for the best.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

The Pielander

Post by The Pielander » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:32 pm

I had an email from SEAT U.K. last month before the 3 year warranty on my car ran out with a link to a quotation calculator. Like yourself I have some doubts about the door locks so have bought another years ‘all parts’ warranty and I was really surprised at the price - much lower than anticipated 🙂

stepdey

Post by stepdey » Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:56 pm

Like Pielander I took out Seats extended warranty on a 2014 Leon I once previously, I too could'nt believe how reasonable it was for the "all parts" warranty,I had. I do remember that a oxygen sensor failed shortly after its original 3 year warranty had expired, but got done under the extended warranty.

Seat had contacted me previously just before the 3 year warranty had expired, my current Ateca will be 3 years old in June and I will defineatly be getting an extended warranty, the car will have done approx 12,000 miles, which I believe helps getting a lower price for the extended warranty.
2017 Ateca Xcellence 1.4 ECOTsi DSG. Nevada White, 19" Diamond Cut Alloys.

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 pm

Dsldude wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:05 pm
Anyone been offered one near the end of the 3 years or is it something you have to buy at the start?.

Car will be 3 years in November may keep another year or so with what is going on, others going for
extended warranties?

Car has a fault with drivers door locking which I will get sorted as soon as we are back to normal.
but dont trust this car not to have something in the future compared to older less techie cars I had before it.
Was £158 for a year for mine which I took out on March 10th... still using my car each day as have too, god knows if need anything fixed during this time mr dealer or no parts made/stocked. The plus side of having to go out there's no cars on the road.
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

Dsldude

Post by Dsldude » Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:10 pm

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, yes I think I will also go for an extended warranty, my car also has lower miles it will be around 10k at 3 years old so hopefully as above will mean a lower quote.

As mentioned above as soon as were back to normal I want to sort this locking issue out, and there is some strange rattle creak at the front going over speed bumps or going over uneven surfaces at slow speeds, been doing that a while and car seems to drive perfect but I would like it gone when it comes to trying to sell the car.
2017 1.4 TSI DSG Xcellence In Lava Blue, Options: Panoramic Roof, Virtual Pedal Boot, Double Boot Floor.