Lead times

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Perry's are pants

Lead times

Post by Perry's are pants » Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:17 pm

We ordered a 70 plate seat ateca 1.5 technology on mobility, the salesmen said it would take approx 2 weeks for delivery as it was just a base model, he went ahead and ordered it even though we hadn't given him the paperwork to confirm we was eligible for the scheme, every time we contact them they say we will call you back with an update but they never reply, I then called into the dealership to be told a different story saying it was awaiting delivery, now they are saying it's being built 🤯. Can I just cancel the order and get a car from a different manufacturer?

Tec

Re: Lead times

Post by Tec » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:35 pm

I believe motobility has an online account system on their homepage in the contact section. You can create an account with your details and it should be able to tell you roughtly within 5-10 working days if you have been accepted into the scheme. Due to covid on occasion, that 5-10 working days might take a little longer but not by much.

My brother ordered his peugeot through motobility without the paper work as the dealer applied online when they agreed on the car choice. I believe under motobility, the cancellation of an order is between you and the dealer but it is answered in the motobility Q & A
https://www.motability.co.uk/
Nevada White 2020 1.5 tsi evo 7 speed dsg Xcellence

Pollypaz

Post by Pollypaz » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:43 am

Has anyone been given an accurate lead time for factory orders as my dealer won't commit and are saying 12-16 weeks. I know when I ordered my first one it took 16 weeks to go into manufacture but there was then a shortage of 1.4 engines. You would have thought releasing a facelift that are all basically standard as all options have been removed they would have built a bit of a stockpile at the factory to ship.
Xperience Lux 1.5 in Velvet red delivered December

Tec

Post by Tec » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:21 pm

If you get your order number from your invoice, you can phone Seat U.K. with your order number and ask them to give you the expected delivery date/build etc

From their homepage
"If you really need to speak to us direct, call 08085 222 222. Our opening hours are: Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm & Saturday 9am - 5pm" .

Sometimes a motobility invoice does not have an order number on so you have to ask your dealer for it before contacting Seat customer services
Nevada White 2020 1.5 tsi evo 7 speed dsg Xcellence

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 am

My dealer said 12 weeks. I may try phoning SEAT (thanks Tec).

We have to remember that while the UK may be EZ builds; other countries get more options.

Also we have left the EU so perhaps there are different queues. Talking of which I see there is the possibility of a tariff being charged. It is a tax. Perhaps it only applies to orders after it comes into force.
Ateca Xperience, petrol, 1.5l, DSG, Black, 12/2020

markwcel

Post by markwcel » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:26 am

I ordered an Ateca Xperience 1.5 Manual on Sunday. Told there was one in the port and would be here next week. Also a couple over in Europe due to ship. Lets see if they are correct

Pollypaz

Post by Pollypaz » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:46 am

Dunkelmann wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:18 am
My dealer said 12 weeks. I may try phoning SEAT (thanks Tec).

We have to remember that while the UK may be EZ builds; other countries get more options.

Also we have left the EU so perhaps there are different queues. Talking of which I see there is the possibility of a tariff being charged. It is a tax. Perhaps it only applies to orders after it comes into force.
According to Which VW group have commited to houndering prices on orders prior to a no deal brexit and not pass on any surcharge that may occur

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:29 pm

I phoned SEAT today and asked about a possible tariff. They said the customer wouldn't pay it. What is the likelihood of a price increase though?

I watched some videos of the Czech factory, albeit building Škodas. It was very impressive. It seems a Karoq takes about 27 hours to build. I am not sure how Atecas get to the UK but there was a train full of cars leaving the factory. I think once you get a build week (not got mine yet when I asked) you may have a small number of weeks to delivery.

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm

I have just heard my build week is 46, week commencing Mon 9th November. We ordered on 25th September, week 39. If delivery takes up to 3 weeks then it will be an early Winter Solstice pressie.

Pollypaz

Post by Pollypaz » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:23 pm

Dunkelmann wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:37 pm
I have just heard my build week is 46, week commencing Mon 9th November. We ordered on 25th September, week 39. If delivery takes up to 3 weeks then it will be an early Winter Solstice pressie.
Did your dealer inform you of build date or was information from Seat? I ordered mine the day after you and haven't heard anything as yet