Lead times

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Dunkelmann

Re: Lead times

Post by Dunkelmann » Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:11 am

HL-ateca wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:19 am
We ordered our Ateca on 8th October and the delivery will be on 29th of January. Very long wait but we know it's worth it. Very excited!
I see you have a similar spec, but my one is Black Magic. I can't see a Crystal Black on the configurator. Did you get a build week and how did you get an actual delivery date?

I couldn't get a delivery date presumably because they cannot plan transport as easily as construction, since some of moving cars across the continent and channel is out of their control.
Ateca Xperience, petrol, 1.5l, DSG, Black, 12/2020

HL-ateca

Post by HL-ateca » Wed Nov 04, 2020 11:11 am

We ordered through Finland to Estonia. You can see the color on seat.fi configurator, also you can see the color in this video: - it is really pretty. At first we wanted to pick also the usual Black Magic, which has the brown undertone, but when we saw the Crystal black color, which has the dark blue undertone, then we changed the color to that.
We didn't get a build week, but we were informed that the car should arrive approximately on that week to Finland.
2021 Ateca, Xperience, 1.5 TSI, DSG, Crystal Black

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Ahhh you are in Finland. In the UK we do not get the same choices. You have a lot more variations of car than us.

Maybe it is easier for the factory to batch up very similar UK right hand drive cars together so non UK builds get pushed back behind a UK batch. But who knows with robots? :geek:

Our delivery times will be different since we need to check our cars for illegal immigrants at a French Channel port.

I ordered my car on 25th September and hopefully it will be built next week and delivered before Winter Solstice.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Nov 04, 2020 1:51 pm

I think they are shipped through Emden in Germany. At least they were in the early days.

Also, Spain still offers a load of options as they always have done. It seems that the UK is treated very differently.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

sagar.basutkar

Post by sagar.basutkar » Fri Nov 06, 2020 2:01 pm

had an update from customer services today. 8 week delay for the 2.0L engines. Customer service rep wasnt sure if it affects both the Cupra or the Ateca 2.0 units

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Today I contacted SEAT customer services. My Ateca was due to be built last week, week 46 and it was built on schedule. It is now at the docks ready for shipping. They say final delivery could be 3 to 5 weeks from now. So hopefully I will get it before end of year.

Pollypaz

Post by Pollypaz » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Had call from dealer this morning saying my build week is now next week? I had already received details that it was being built week 45! He said he didn't know why it had changed and had only just realised it had changed. So a call to Seat customer services followed as I didn't want my dealer pillimg the wool over my eyes and suspected foul play that he had given my build to another customer! I( I have trust issues! :))
Any way after a 30 minute chat to customer services with various checks being done it would appear my car has COVID. It is part built but production stopped due to an outbreak on the line when it was in production and all vehicles were removed from production and put on hold until they felt is safe to carry on and finish them. Looks like a new year delivery now :(
Xperience Lux 1.5 in Velvet red delivered December

Dunkelmann

Post by Dunkelmann » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm

My salesman just contacted me to say my car is in the UK, awaiting transport. He has pencilled in a date of 16th or 18th December.

Pollypaz, I was curious as to why you ordered after me yet had a build week before me. So your real build week was later unfortunately coinciding with the outbreak.

Rory

Post by Rory » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:51 pm

I thought the idea of the EZ scheme with only limited options and colours was that cars would be much more quickly available? Does't seem to be working in practice.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Pollypaz

Post by Pollypaz » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:20 pm

Dunkelmann wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:57 pm
My salesman just contacted me to say my car is in the UK, awaiting transport. He has pencilled in a date of 16th or 18th December.

Pollypaz, I was curious as to why you ordered after me yet had a build week before me. So your real build week was later unfortunately coinciding with the outbreak.
I have no idea why mine was suppose to be a week before yours but my dealer ordered 2 identical cars, mine and another customers on the same day apparently and his was built on time and mine was stopped part built. The other car is at the dealers now awaiting collection. I have had confirmation mine has now been built and awaiting shipment as of Tuesday
Xperience Lux 1.5 in Velvet red delivered December