Lead times

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Hyeresman

Re: Lead times

Post by Hyeresman » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:06 pm

I moved house to a 'tight' area garage and bought jut one of these, not a pair. Look up 'Heavy Duty Rubber Car Parking Truck Garage Wheel Stop Block' on EBay. This will stop 19" wheels if you approach at a slow speed. It will not budge if screwed into floor.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:24 pm

Auto hold is a right pain most of the time. One of the biggest advantages of an auto box (not just DSG) is the ability to “creep”. It’s great for holding you on an incline but that’s about it. If you want a real fright, try park assist with it on! Just like the auto handbrake, I only use them when I need them. Sometimes cars have too much driver assistance and you can do a better job yourself.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

n16njs

Post by n16njs » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:26 am

Hello I placed an order for Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0 TSI 4 drive October 8th was told 12-16 week lead time. I was reading forum concerning lead times and got bit worried possible delays on 2.0 engines. I asked dealer if there was any news on build date and delivery but they didn't no. I got order number from Dealer (information on forum) emailed Seat UK . Fair play Lady I dealt with was very polite and helpful she told me there were no delays on this model but 24 week lead time not 12-16 weeks Dealer told me. This means end of March 6 months wait. Dealer has been very vague in conversation about delivery but there was no mention of 6 month wait when I placed order. Bit disappointed already, but with everything that's going on in the world I no it's not that important. I'm wondering if dealer knew about it just didn't tell me
Ateca Xperience Lux 2.0tsi 4 Drive Dark Camouflage

Fernie

Post by Fernie » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:04 pm

I placed an order for a 1.5 petrol dsg xcellence.

I was told 1 week ago it was mid to late April eta.

I rang seat customer service today and they are saying 6 weeks because of suez delays (I explained I knew the car is made in Europe). They did say it had left factory and was at port awaiting shipping to UK port.

If the delay extends then I will regret choosing one in stock, I could have had my preferred colour. Hey ho. Let's hope they are being conservative with dates

Johnny B

Post by Johnny B » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:06 pm

Fernie wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:04 pm
I placed an order for a 1.5 petrol dsg xcellence.

I was told 1 week ago it was mid to late April eta.

I rang seat customer service today and they are saying 6 weeks because of suez delays (I explained I knew the car is made in Europe). They did say it had left factory and was at port awaiting shipping to UK port.

If the delay extends then I will regret choosing one in stock, I could have had my preferred colour. Hey ho. Let's hope they are being conservative with dates
When did you place the order?
2021 Black Magic Xperience Lux 2.0 TSI 4 Drive - Ordered 8/12/20 (Week 50) - Built 6/4/21 - Est Del. 17/5/21

cuboid

Post by cuboid » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:35 pm

I rang seat customer service today and they are saying 6 weeks because of suez delays
:D That's got to take the prize for the worst excuse ever.

Fernie

Post by Fernie » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:58 pm

the order I placed on 30th March, was told it was mid to late april, as it had left factory, and was on its way. They had white ones in stock nationally, this grey one had left the factory and was on it's way, and if I wanted a specific colour (not white or grey) then it would be a factory order 12 weeks. I hope it does come mid to late April, otherwise I may have well held out for a colour I wanted ..

As for Suez, yes, bit of a giggle, if any thing i'd imagne a bit of a quiet patch in the RORO depots of no far east vessels docking, so speeding things up rather than delaying things.