Flexible / Long Life Servicing

All Seat Ateca related discussions
Dal22

Flexible / Long Life Servicing

Post by Dal22 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:31 pm

Hi,

I purchased my Ateca back in July and I was advised it was on 'long life' servicing - so in theory wouldn't need the first service until November 2021. However, a service warning message came up on my dash in the past couple of weeks.

I contacted my local Seat dealership and they took my info and went away to check. They came back and advised that my car was in fact on long life servicing and didn't 'need' a service until Nov 21. However, if I wanted the service warning message reset, I'd have to put the car in for a 10k mile service with them. They won't reset the message without servicing. I have the ~£16 a month service plan with Seat, so they'd just use 1 of my possible 2 services on that plan for this.

My car has only done about 7500 miles so far - would people advise me getting a service done and the message reset? Seat did advise that just living with the message on my car and servicing in Nov 21 wouldn't harm the car and wouldn't affect my warranty - so my thinking is just live with the message!

Thoughts/advice welcome... :)
Ateca Xcellence Lux EZ 2.0 TDI 190PS 4Drive DSG | Nevada White

Ciano

Re: Flexible / Long Life Servicing

Post by Ciano » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 pm

Happened to me. Bought Nov 2018 on long life (Nov 2020)
but service light came up September 2019!

I confirmed with Seat it was definitely long life
but they wanted a fee to reset service light. Cheeky.
It is correct living with it does no harm.

It annoyed me enough so I used OBD11 to reset the indicator.
The indicator came up a few weeks ago - which is now right - nearly 2 years since new.

That Jeff

Re: Flexible / Long Life Servicing

Post by That Jeff » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:25 am

How to reset your service indicator
Ateca 1.4 Eco TSI SE Technology