Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Seat Connect app

18K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  AlanM 
#1 ·
Has anyone had any issues with connecting to the Seat connect app and via the infotainment screen too? I've entered my VIN but it's not recognised. It's a facelift Ateca. Thanks

#5 ·
Hirsty said:
markwcel said:
When I connected mine. I used the 2 keys method. Found it very simple
I can't get my VIN to be recognised - can you help by either explaining how to do this, or linking to information about this method, please?

Many thanks.
The VIN many not be registered yet as it's a new car..... Covid is slowing everything down. I'd be interested to know about the two key method too!

#12 ·
I too used the 2 key method but first time I did, the app wasn't functional and couldn't connect to the car. I simply redone the pairing process and all works now. If im honest its not worth the fuss. The user manual talks about being able to pre-heat the cabin/defrost etc but none of these features are on the app and when I contacted SEAT customer service they said this wasn't available on the Ateca even though it is mentioned in the manual. In addition, the locking/unlocking feature doesn't work unless unlocked by a SEAT service department and you need to book the car in for this to be done. The only thing I can do is put my hazards on or put the horn and hazards on at the same time with the app. The driving data stuff isnt much use to myself.

#14 ·
AlanM said:
Seat Facelift.
Does anyone have to enter their S Pin every time your start up? I try to save my S Pin but it seems to make no difference. Does the S Pin protect the user profile?
Any help appreciated
I only have to enter it when I first configure the profile. Ensure you tick the 'Save S-Pin' checkbox and it shouldn't ask again.

#15 ·
Pollypaz said:
Connected mine with no problem . Only issue I have it keeps removing the protection from my profile and also randomly ask for pin to be inputted on startup even though I check box to remember pin.
Yes I have the same issue and am concerned that there is no protection. Do you save the S Pin every time or leave is blank?
Regards
Alan Mole

#16 ·
That Jeff said:
So can someone describe the 2 key method or point to a link
https://www.seat.co.uk/owners/your-seat/manuals-offline.html

9.2" Infotainment system
To become a main user and thus prove ownership of the vehicle, you need both of the vehicle's physical keys. Ownership accreditation takes place in the vehicle during registration or, if you already have a SEAT CONNECT user account, you must log in through the infotainment system and then go to Manage users

● Switch on the ignition and the infotainment system.
● In the infotainment system, register in SEAT CONNECT.
● Or: open the menu Manage users > Settings > Become primary user and follow the instructions.
● Press the unlock button on the first vehicle key.
● Press the unlock button on the second vehicle key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.