Considering buying....

All Seat Ateca related discussions
superman1233

Considering buying....

Post by superman1233 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:27 pm

Hi,
Currently got a 2016 Renault Kadjar, and a 2020 Discovery Sport.
Want to swap the Kadjar and I've been keeping an eye for about 12 months on what vehicles come with adaptive cruise control. I do a reasonable amount of motorway driving (even now) and it seems crazy to me that more vehicles don't come with ACC. TBH If Renault had kept up to date with safety features and had ACC I'd probably buy another Kadjar but no dice.

So... that's the xcellence/xperience and or the lux models that come with the feature.
Must be automatic (dsg). Don't care about fuel type really, and don't mind the colour although I would prefer not red and not grey.

Not had very good offers for PX on my renault so far, so got it up privately on Autotrader but slow going...

Just after general comments really. There are quite a few ex-demo xperiences (70 plates) coming available for reasonable prices, I guess they've been with the dealerships for 6 months now. Can't say I can tell much difference between the xcellence and xperience bodies though... I can save a bit and get a 20 plate in the older body shape...

Have never owned a petrol before and hate the idea of it but actually the calculators show that it shouldn't cost more than a few £100 a year to run petrol so... might have to bite the bullet.

Oh, I think brand new is probably a little too expensive for me. In an ideal world I'd be spending £14k cash plus my PX to get the SEAT.

Den48

Re: Considering buying....

Post by Den48 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 pm

Hi

I would suggest you check out the ride , I believe that the Ateca will have a firmer ride than your kadjar, my car has 18inch wheels that makes the ride just about ok for me . People on the forum have commented about the ride being too firm on 19 inch wheels or above, but that’s a personal thing.

The 1.5 engine has got plenty of power and I manage around 45mpg loaded with people and bags, I used to buy diesels but changed to the petrol 2 years ago and haven’t regretted it, there is also the sell on value to think about.

As for the colours there are not many to pick from mine is black, it’s not too bad , given the choice again I would probably go for the white.

superman1233

Post by superman1233 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:28 pm

Hi Den48,
Interesting point about the wheels but I've got 19 inch alloys on the kadjar with fairly low profile tyres so I guess the ride will be similar. It is indeed a little firm on my county's poorly maintained roads... But they look great on both the Renault and (from what I've seen in pictures) the Seat models.

Good to know your mpg from a petrol thanks. I don't tend to hang about so don't expect to get that, but as long as the gap between petrol and diesel isn't too great, it's OK for either.

HL-ateca

Post by HL-ateca » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:10 am

I recommend to buy Ateca. We just received our new 2021 Ateca and I am stunned(the driving on the old model is the same). The car drive is so smooth and the acceleration is on point. Love driving the car, we have lots of snow right now and it can handle it very well.
2021 Ateca, Xperience, 1.5 TSI, DSG, Crystal Black

Dal22

Post by Dal22 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:26 pm

I went from a 2016 Kadjar (1.6dci engine) to my current Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI AWD DSG back in July and I much prefer the whole experience. I think the Ateca is noticeably better than the Kadjar in almost all aspects. I think the ride is better in the Ateca too (although I have the AWD version so improved suspension) and both cars were on 19" wheels.

I've missed the flat loading bay of the Kadjar's boot a couple of times, but other than that I've not regretted the change.

Mine is a 69 plate and was an ex-demo. This is definitely the way to go to get a near-new car for a much better price in my opinion. I spent about a month talking to Carwow and dealerships direct before I found the exact model I wanted.
Ateca Xcellence Lux EZ 2.0 TDI 190PS 4Drive DSG | Nevada White